Mg-head OTL RCA connector loose
Jul 20, 2004 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

enzoferrari650

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently purchased a MG-head OTL from the for sale forums here. I received it a few days ago. Everything seems to be in working order but the RCA jack is loose. I opened the back up and tried to see if i could just simply tighten it but it seems that way too many things are in the way. It is the red RCA jack that is loose which is on the top when looked at from the outside, but from the inside, its way on the bottom and too many things are blocking my way for me to gain access to the screw. Any ideas or tips to help me tighten it?

Jul 20, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 3
This happened to me when I had an OTL. The screw-tightening type rca plugs had made the jack lose when I tried to unplug the cable. I do remember that is was a cluttered inside but I used a screwdriver to turn the lug on the inside of the jack until it was tight again.

Jul 20, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 3
I fixed it! I think it will work for now. I took a flathead screwdriver and pushed it against the inside screw and then took a wrench and tightened the RCA connector from the outside. Yay. Thanks man for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back