MF X-Can V3 - will it match well with HD650 and K701?
Sep 21, 2008 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

4heckssake

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so I've read all the HD650 vs K701 threads.
I also already have a Musical Fidelity X Can V3 amp. and have read a lot about them.
I amp looking at buying one of the above cans (can't afford both dammit!)
Will either, both or neither work well with my X-Can.
Source is CDP player.
Oh, all these products are in stock form - no mods.
cheers,
4hecks.

Sep 21, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 11
I own both of those headphones and the x-can and was very pleased with the sound it provided through all of my cans. I only have one caveat, I think the stock x-can performs much better with some nice NOS tubes.

I feel the hybrid design provides the necessary umph that the 701's need to perform.

Hope you enjoy!

J

Sep 21, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 11
thanks.
yep I am interested in doing some mods to the X-can later. The pink floyd little pinky thingo but hard to get one in Aus.
Just making sure I won't have to buy another amp straight away if I buy either of these cans.

Sep 22, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 11
Don't expect great result with K701....I'll explain: I owned that pair (V3+K701) and I never could get good bass from it! I think it would be wiser to buy HD650...It's my opinion..
Rui

Sep 22, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by RuiCanela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't expect great result with K701....I'll explain: I owned that pair (V3+K701) and I never could get good bass from it! I think it would be wiser to buy HD650...It's my opinion..
Rui

thanks, that's great. exactly the kind of first hand advice I am looking for.

Sep 22, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD650 driven by x-can v3 would give a warmer vocal. I like my current amp but vocal is not as warm.

thanks.
what is your current amp/can combo?

Sep 22, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4heckssake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys.
I'm keeping my X-can and adding some HD650's. Can't wait to hear 'em.

Hi,

I think that might be the better choice for an XCan V3. My experience with the XCan V3 is that it is happier with full sized phones of higher impedance - the bass problem another poster mentioned might well be a manifestation of that.

As for the Little Pinkie you can order that direct from Rock Grotto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back