MF X-CAN v.3 freq. range starts from 30 hz... Why?
Aug 28, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #4 of 9
If it is just +/- 1 dB that would just mean that the frequency response below 30 Hz is more then 1 dB less then the average (well, some form of it anyway) but there is a good chance it still play further down within a few dB. Also, I really don't think most headphones get much lower then 30 Hz without significant dropoff, most decent subs only get down to around 20 Hz within 3dB. Hope that helps.

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but afaik phones can go deeper than subs. cans like 990, 650 handle 20 hz testtones with ease..

They can? I guess most cheaper amps/sources then cannot...

Aug 28, 2007 at 12:06 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but afaik phones can go deeper than subs. cans like 990, 650 handle 20 hz testtones with ease..

My SVS subwoofer can go down to just below 17hz measured. The new 13" Ultra SVS subwoofer gets right down to 10hz, albeit 10db lower than flat. Still an amazing feat to get 10hz out of a cone without the signal nose diving.

Aug 29, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #9 of 9
If there's still some confusion about what the specs on the site say, +/- 1dB means that from 30Hz onward, the output signal at any frequency will be at the same volume level, give or take 1dB. However, below 30Hz, it might be 1-2dB quieter and gradually drop off getting close to 0Hz. However, -3dB at 15-20Hz isn't really noticeable, since you usually need a huge boost at those low frequencies to really hear/feel them anyway.

1dB is pretty much inaudible, and -2dB at a low frequency doesn't really matter much at all. I hope that clears things up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back