Meze EMPYREAN II
Dec 15, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #256 of 608
My Empy2 should arrive next week. I still have my OG Empy and my Elite with all the different pads including AA so will be able to do some critical listening at home to see how they all compare.
Can't wait to hear your impressions with the different pads.

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #259 of 608
Has anyone tried Empyrean II with OG Empyrean or Elite leather pads? I’m really loving my Empy II, but man I really prefer the feel of leather.

Curious how they sound. Tempted to order both Empy 1 and Elite leather pads for testing.

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #261 of 608
Will let you know Monday. I have OG leather pads coming.
Can’t wait to hear your feedback. My main gripe with both my Elite and Empyrean II is that I just prefer the nice Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin pads on my other cans lol

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #263 of 608
Just hope they arrive in time as I have a lot of spare time over Christmas for extended listening and testing including pad swapping.
That sounds great to have a lot of time off. I hope they get there soon. I'm waiting for the Focal Utopia to show up.

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #264 of 608
That sounds great to have a lot of time off. I hope they get there soon. I'm waiting for the Focal Utopia to show up.
Utopia has been tempting me lately. I have so much love for Susvara that I'm almost on a mission to find something that'll dethrone it as my #1 lol

Dec 16, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #265 of 608
Hey guys, I'm planning on getting the Meze Empyrean 2 and I'm wondering if the Fiio K7 or R7 would work with the headphones? If not, could someone list some amps and dacs that work well with the Meze Empyrean II for both budget and high-end options? Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #266 of 608
Hey guys, I'm planning on getting the Meze Empyrean 2 and I'm wondering if the Fiio K7 or R7 amp work with the headphones? If not, could someone list some amps and dacs that work well or better with Meze Empyrean II for both budget and high-end. Thank you for your help.
I have been using Empyrean 2 with WA tube mini dac/amp, very budget.
Have EF400 amp/dac. Budget too.
Not hearing with Studio-Six tube amp yet.
Empyrean 2 still burnin. Hi_end unit but discontinued I think from ALO.
Just heard a whole album with PrimaLuna HP Int Amp with Esoteric K05 as source. Kind of surprise with the sound and blew my mind over it.....
Even with HE1000SE cannot surprise me like Empyrean 2.. Wondering if this hp Int Amp can drive the Susvara or not.
Waiting for my friend to give back my WA6SE tube amp and try out later.

Just a little help for you.

I have not try mojo, mojo2, and other DAPs yet.....

Dec 17, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #267 of 608
If like me you watched his first review and was a bit disappointed/shocked with his thoughts, turns out he had a faulty pair!

Interesting to listen towhead Z Reviews thinks of the Empyrean II now...
Really looking forward to getting them now.

Dec 17, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #268 of 608
If like me you watched his first review and was a bit disappointed/shocked with his thoughts, turns out he had a faulty pair!
I overheard a conversation at CAF where someone suspected that Zeos had a pair that was wired out of phase. I think that person had also listened to a pair with that defect and found that the demo units on the show floor sounded very different. I listened to two different pairs of Empy 2s at CAF and they sounded consistent with each other and the folks in that conversation pointed to one of them as a good unit, so I don't think my impressions were based on a defective unit.

Dec 17, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #269 of 608
I overheard a conversation at CAF where someone suspected that Zeos had a pair that was wired out of phase. I think that person had also listened to a pair with that defect and found that the demo units on the show floor sounded very different. I listened to two different pairs of Empy 2s at CAF and they sounded consistent with each other and the folks in that conversation pointed to one of them as a good unit, so I don't think my impressions were based on a defective unit.
Makes me wonder how many defective units are already out there in the wild or if it was a very isolated first batch? He quotes his serial number as #2

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #270 of 608
Just waiting for Expanse to return from DCA and I'll compare Empyrean II with my other flagship cans. I'll be trying them all with my HoloAudio Bliss KTE and Cayin HA-300 MK2. Should be a lot of fun. I've put about 10 hours on Empy II so far, but early on I can tell they're phenomenal. If anyone here has tube amps, definitely do some tube rolling with Empyrean II as they seem to soak up coloration from various tubes quite well.

KJ7ypAm.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back