Meze EMPYREAN II
Mar 1, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #526 of 603
As your resident Scandinavian giant, it’s very easy. It’s always fully extended no matter the headphone, and sometimes not even that’s enough. That said, the Empyrean II is very comfortable even for a person with a big head, if anyone’s wondering.
It's normal. Honestly, I've had headphones in the past that may have one side clicked out more than the other. It's whatever is comfortable to your head...just try not to think about it too much :beyersmile:
Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. It’s weird to go from click to slide haha.

@skeeb23 I liked your Empy2 a lot, it was quite informative and helpful for my decision. A quicj question, hope I don’t derail the thread, but how did you get 3 Grumy Goose stands?? They’ve been showing OOS on their website and Etsy.

Mar 2, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #527 of 603
Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. It’s weird to go from click to slide haha.

@skeeb23 I liked your Empy2 a lot, it was quite informative and helpful for my decision. A quicj question, hope I don’t derail the thread, but how did you get 3 Grumy Goose stands?? They’ve been showing OOS on their website and Etsy.
I'll send you a PM on the stands so we don't get off topic here. I appreciate you checking out my Empy2 video. Aesthetics aside, I've not been disappointed yet by the comfort of Meze products. Subjective, I know, but they work well for me.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #528 of 603
Hey all,

I just got my Empy 2 and am loving the sound so far! One thing that's been weird to me is the headband adjustment sliders. On my Atrium and HEKSE, there are notches on both sides that make adjusting to an even level easy. Usually after taking the Empy 2 off, I notice that I've been wearing one side higher than the other. It's not uncomfortable by any means, just annoying because I'd like things to be even lol... Is this the norm for just the Empy 2, or the Meze line? Y'all got tips for keeping the sliders more secure?

Thanks!
(Most of) Human head is not symetrical in shape anyway, so no need to think too much about "balancing" the headband right and left. Just position them as comfy as possible.

All Empyrean/Elite line up use same headband system.

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #529 of 603
Mar 4, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #530 of 603
Just join the Meze family. I bought a Meze elite Tungsten. Does it come with angled Alcantara as one of the original pads? Or I have to buy an extra one? I've heard many share their experience about how angled Alcantara can improve Elite. Is that ture?

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #531 of 603
Just join the Meze family. I bought a Meze elite Tungsten. Does it come with angled Alcantara as one of the original pads? Or I have to buy an extra one? I've heard many share their experience about how angled Alcantara can improve Elite. Is that ture?
Welcome to the family! If it's a brand new unit, it comes with angled Alcantara pads, and the black box.

Mar 5, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #533 of 603
Thanks. The box is the black one not the silver one, but I bought it as open box. The seller says it comes with all original accessories. I guess it should be fine.
Yeah if it’s original accessories then you should be fine. The Tungsten was launched with the angled pads as standard.

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #534 of 603
I'm particularly sensitive to extra presence and peaks in the upper mids/lower treble, to me vocals can sometimes become harsh and sibilant, which is why I prefer the Elites over Empy 2
I was experiencing the same issue with the Empyrean II, but after two months of listening my ears have adjusted to it quite well. However I still prefer listening to the Empyrean II at lower volumes because of this issue.

Mar 8, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #535 of 603
Mar 18, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #537 of 603
Mar 18, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #539 of 603
As your resident Scandinavian giant, it’s very easy. It’s always fully extended no matter the headphone, and sometimes not even that’s enough. That said, the Empyrean II is very comfortable even for a person with a big head, if anyone’s wondering.
Same thing for me, Focal makes them too small, Audeze should include the extra long rods and Hifiman should pre-bend the headband.
Nice to hear that Meze does it right, will join the club soon!

Mar 18, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #540 of 603
Same thing for me, Focal makes them too small, Audeze should include the extra long rods and Hifiman should pre-bend the headband.
Nice to hear that Meze does it right, will join the club soon!
I have them fully extended and it’s right on the verge of having too short rods (bottom of my ears lightly touching the pads), just as close as the Stellias. But way less clamp force and more comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back