Meze 99 Classics - WTH!!
Dec 27, 2016 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

starblue

Head-Fier
I mean WTH!!!???

I ordered my headphones during black Friday discount and got them yesterday (had to bundle it with some other stuff coming from US, delivery from Meze team to US address was very prompt).

I must admit my expectations with this headphone were 'tuned' with its price tag BUT straight out of the box these headphones destroyed some (or shall I say a lot more) of the more expensive ones that I have heard. I just cant believe how the Meze team managed to put up such a simple but superbly designed headphone which is so musical at this price point (there is more than enough times I have asked this question in my head since yesterday).

From that I heard right out of the box, this is one headphone I am not too keen on burning in, or in other words, dont feel the need to burn in.

And it ticks pretty much all the other boxes
- packaging - nice
- carrying case, included. very practical
- cables, covers most needs (long. short, with/without mic, plane adaptor)
- cable case - nice. I dont need to worry about scratching my headphones with jacks
- build - awesome!
- design - awesome - love the headband!
- fit - perfect, just right for my small head
- weight - quite light in comparison
- feel - SOLID
- Look - AWESOME

Cables are thin and someone said microphinic, i havent felt any issues yet.
These are over the ear but its no issue for me, its good fit.

So easy to drive, these sound good even with iPhone. Magically musical with my Audirvana+ and Pioneer XPA700. I wont call them perfectly neutral but matches perfectly with my taste.

Not sure we should call these mid-fi given the price tag BUT kudos to the Meze team for bringing a great product to us at a very affordable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back