Mexican chicken soup delicious
Feb 9, 2016 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
The Mexican chicken soup I had for lunch today was delicious. It was cooked with rice. The chicken was fresh and delicious and the broth had a nice clean taste and nothing like the mediocre version of the American chicken soup you typically see.

It was topped with fresh avocado, a small amount of chopped raw onion to give it subtle crunch, chopped tomatoes and chopped cilantro. All the ingredients blended together perfectly and nothing over powered the intrinsic chicken flavor of the soup. Despite the toppings, it still had the strong identity and taste of a proper chicken soup but with the added dimensions of flavor, kind of like a Vietnamese style chicken soup. I am lucky to have a Mexican restaurant near me that serves quality chicken soup.

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #5 of 8
  The Mexican chicken soup I had for lunch today was delicious. It was cooked with rice. The chicken was fresh and delicious and the broth had a nice clean taste and nothing like the mediocre version of the American chicken soup you typically see.

It was topped with fresh avocado, a small amount of chopped raw onion to give it subtle crunch, chopped tomatoes and chopped cilantro. All the ingredients blended together perfectly and nothing over powered the intrinsic chicken flavor of the soup. Despite the toppings, it still had the strong identity and taste of a proper chicken soup but with the added dimensions of flavor, kind of like a Vietnamese style chicken soup. I am lucky to have a Mexican restaurant near me that serves quality chicken soup.

What a great review SR! Very informative and written like a true audiophile.Sounds like a must have and likely an end game soup!

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #6 of 8
That reminded me of this:

http://www.tbm.org/tortilla_soup.htm

No rice, but still similar. I make this at least once a month. The secret is the chipotles.

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #8 of 8

Here's the French version with fresh salty butter and baguette.
Pretty simple: chicken, water and vegetables(carrots etc), salt&pepper...an hours of cooking. Delicious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back