Metro.fi 150... Is it worth it?
Dec 31, 2008 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Laths

New Head-Fier
Hi,

My sennheiser CX300 died after 2 years of use and now I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs. After reading some comments about Metro.Fi 150s I decided to buy one, but before doing that, I want to ask to the experts.

Is Metro.Fi 150 good? I'm going to use them for everything. Listening music on my iPod touch, playing games and watching movies on my laptop.

Can anyone suggest other IEMs within the price range? Should I consider cx300-II or cx500

Thank you in advance.

Dec 31, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #2 of 5
I used to have the Metro.Fi 150 Vi for use with my iPhone. The control button died on me after 3 months. The headphones themselves still sound fine. I bought them mainly for the remote control. I didn't bother to send them back to UE for repair because it seemed like a hassle to me. So tried to mod those with the cable that came with the stock iPhone cable. And I broke them due to my terrible soldering skill. How stupid
biggrin.gif

I didn't like 'em that much. The best thing about them may be the bass. Not much clarity of detail. To me they sound more like the Vibes but not as good. If you're not too picky about detail i think they'll be fun to listen too.

Dec 31, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #3 of 5
The Thing is I don't know if I'm picky or not
smily_headphones1.gif
. I haven't got any chance to try the higher quality headphones. I was using cx300 for about two years, before that I was using another in-ear headphones from sony (maybe one of the first ear-canal design Sonys) and before that ****ty headphones.

cx300 was good but they seem like they don't have clarity of detail that much. Maybe thats because I know there are much better headphones with super clarity.

Dec 31, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #5 of 5
im assuming u mean the sony ex71..i used to use the cx300 as well and from my experience, going from those phones to some decent entry level phones will change the way you experience music since its a pretty big jump.

considering the cx300 can be gotten from like $10 to around $60, it jumps from like cheap iems to entry level ones

Etymotic Research ER6i ~70
Altec Lansing iM716 ~60
JVC Marshmallows ~15
JBuds J2 ~25

im a bit biased to the etymotic sound tho :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back