Metallica's best lineup?
Nov 29, 2009 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23
What is/was Metallica's best lineup?

With Dave Mustaine (lead guitar), or with Jason Newsted (bass guitar), or with Cliff Burton (bass guitar), or ...?

Also, what is your favourite Metallica's lineup?

metallica-ron-mcgovney-dave-mustaine-early-vintage-metallica.jpg

ijLH4tas5nfs0o3.jpg

25432977-25432979-large.jpg

metallica.jpg

metallica.jpg

popcorn.gif
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am of the opinion that Newsted >>>>>>>>> Cliff, but they were worthless without Mustaine's riff. So I guess Mustaine, Burton, Hetfield and Ulrich is their best lineup.

I agree:
L3000.gif
Dave Mustaine, Cliff Burton, James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich!

tongue_smile.gif

Dec 1, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh come on.........Metallica IS Kill Em All, Lightning & Puppets..................Dave was great, but the definitive lineup is the 2nd on the poll.

Kill Em All and Lightning was back when they still had Mustaine's riffs to use... even in the songs which didn't credit Mustaine you could hear his influence on the band, before they started repeating more and having less variety in their riffs. And anyway Cliff is overrated and Jason underrated, I always felt that the rest of the band bullied Jason because he was essentially too good for them.

Dec 1, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #11 of 23
Regarding Mustaine era Metallica you can still check out the Metallica version of "Mechanix" as well as a few demos on "One Last Visit" it used to be floating around P2P, so I'm betting with some minor effort you could probably turn up a copy.

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #14 of 23
I've grown tired of Hammet's relentless pentatonics, but RTL will always be near the top of my list anyway. 2nd option by a mile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back