Metallica Made Good?
Nov 22, 2003 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Schizorabbit

Head-Fier
Thats right you can listen to all your favorite Metallica songs without having to support that person on Metallica's drums (thank you so much for shutting down Napster you POS, and pardon me if I don't give a **** if you make another million to add onto your already obscene bank account). And it's called Apocalyptica, an amazing string quartet that is doing things to string instruments I never thought possible, much in the same vein as Kronos Quartet, though the noises are even more intense and psychologically impacting, though not as hard to listen to as some of the Krono's stunts, such as playing a violin that has been stringed backwards, any way just check 'em out.

Nov 23, 2003 at 7:55 AM Post #3 of 11
Apocalyptica's visions of Metallica's work is very interesting and well worth the listen. I first heard an album of their Metallica covers around five years ago...

Nov 23, 2003 at 9:53 PM Post #5 of 11
that little scheme of yours won't work - lars ulrich gets his money anyway, 'cause there are royalties to be paid...
biggrin.gif

BUT i agree that apocalyptica is great - both their original work and their covers - mostly metallica, but there's also the most energetic version of hall of the mountain king i've ever heard.

Nov 24, 2003 at 6:08 AM Post #7 of 11
They played here two weeks ago, with Mudawayne and Marylin Manson. I just stayed for Apocalpyptica, since the other acts were not of interest for me. Apocalyptica is really good and it's getting better in every album. It's amazing just to see them play, by the way, seated but headbanging like maniacs, a real deligth for both the classical and metal music fan like me. You have to really try them, they are amazing.

Nov 24, 2003 at 7:20 PM Post #8 of 11
Their Metallica cover album was a birthday present I had chosen for a friend couple of years ago. You bet we had a great party...I was looking forward to see them live this summer, but they changed their touring destination in the last moment and payed a visit to our western neighbours.

Nov 24, 2003 at 7:26 PM Post #9 of 11
I found this group about a year ago and have most of their albums, all great. Their Mettallica covers are pretty fantastic (particularly 'One'), but I'd say go for their own work, in particular the album 'Cult'. Im sure you guys wont be disappointed. Their newer album Reflections is good, but Cult is better, more cellos and fewer other instruments. Peace.

Nov 25, 2003 at 2:28 AM Post #10 of 11
Apocalyptica is great.

If like them, check out the string tributes to Radiohead, Tool, and NIN...

They are pretty good. I like apocalyptica best though. Nothing Else Matters on 4 cellos = wooo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back