Metalheads unite! and recommend me something
Apr 12, 2007 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Zarathustra19

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to get deeper into Brutal Death Metal, in the vein of Aborted, Skinless, Bloodbath, Vile, Dying Fetus, and Vital Remains. Any and all recommendations will be investigated. Thanks!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 18
check out decrepit birth and odious mortem. br00tal. origin's "informis infinitas inhumanitas" is sick too, but a little more grindy.

i just noticed under your most recently listened music at last.fm was decapitated's 'wind's of creation'. rad.

Apr 12, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 18
Off the top of my head -

Visceral Bleeding, Demilich, Gorguts, Mithras, Crimson Massacre, Cryptopsy, Nile, Spawn of Possession, Origin, Angelcorpse...

Honestly, I've sort of lost interest in the overly brutal stuff, but the above should satisfy.

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #8 of 18
A good dose of The Osmonds does it for me...

'Craaaaazzyy horses!....' Man, that gets pretty brutal.

(yeah, it's an old gag. Sue me
biggrin.gif
)

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #12 of 18
Vomitory (Sweden) - Blood Rapture
Demilich - Nespithe
Decapitated

These are really the only 'BROOTAL' DM bands I can stand anymore. I saw Cannibal Corpse with Vile a few years back, and admit the show they put in was a blast. However, the genre just doesn't do much for me when I pop a CD into the stereo.

For those that don't know, Demilich have released all of their albums on the internet for free (in mp3, ogg, AND flac!). Free stuff here!

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #15 of 18
Thanks a lot for the recommendations so far guys! I should have included a full list of the bands I have already, you've recommended a lot that I would recommend to a person asking, but lots of new ones too. Thanks for the Demilich link too Error! Keep 'em coming guys! \m/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back