Metalcore with singing choruses
Jan 16, 2006 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

MdRex

1000+ Head-Fier
I like KsE's the End of Heartache album and Demon Hunter's latest album alot. What else would you reccomend? I thought "confined" by AILD was great and I will probably be getting Shadows are Security.

What else are in the vein of the above mentioned album?

(where's D-EJ?
biggrin.gif
)

Thanks!

Jan 16, 2006 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
I like KsE's the End of Heartache album and Demon Hunter's latest album alot. What else would you reccomend? I thought "confined" by AILD was great and I will probably be getting Shadows are Security.

What else are in the vein of the above mentioned album?

(where's D-EJ?
biggrin.gif
)

Thanks!

I'm not sure if they're similar to what you described above, but AVENGED SEVENFOLD sounds like a band you might like.

-jar

Jan 17, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 29
Atreyu's latest album is really good (I like it more than the first...a lot more, actually).

Alexisonfire is quite good as well

Bleeding Through is awesome, even though they are more hardcore-ish than emocore, the album "this is love... this is murderous" is great
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #7 of 29
Shadows Fall has some amazing guitar work, but they're a little heavier than KsE. I still recommend them though. Also check out Unearth and Avenged Sevenfold. I prefer Mastodon to all of them, but I'm not sure exactly what genre they fit into.

Jan 17, 2006 at 1:19 PM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGhostWhoWalks
Shadows Fall has some amazing guitar work, but they're a little heavier than KsE. I still recommend them though. Also check out Unearth and Avenged Sevenfold. I prefer Mastodon to all of them, but I'm not sure exactly what genre they fit into.

Well, yea, it's a given that Mastodon crushes just about every band I see on Headbanger's Ball these days.. I swear the cookie-cutter soundalikes haven't been this bad since the days of late 80's hair-metal. But there are some good ones here and there if you look.

One recent cd I've heard that I really enjoy is GUTTER PHENOMENON by Every Time I Die. Not like yer average emo-core barking/singing band, they really go for it, and it's not like they're trying to be both Converge *and* Jimmy Eat World at the same time.

-jar

Jan 17, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar
Well, yea, it's a given that Mastodon crushes just about every band I see on Headbanger's Ball these days.. I swear the cookie-cutter soundalikes haven't been this bad since the days of late 80's hair-metal. But there are some good ones here and there if you look.

One recent cd I've heard that I really enjoy is GUTTER PHENOMENON by Every Time I Die. Not like yer average emo-core barking/singing band, they really go for it, and it's not like they're trying to be both Converge *and* Jimmy Eat World at the same time.

-jar

Cool, I'll have to check them out. To tell the truth, bands like KsE are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine. Sure they're cookie cutterish as can be and not the least bit original... But they sure know how to write a damn catchy song.
biggrin.gif
I can't help but love Rose of Sharyn and My Last Serenade... Not to mention Numbered Days just flat out RAWKS...

Ok, can I officially turn in my /V\etalhead liscence now?
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar

-jar

imo hot damn was better. and last night in town was harder than that. they shouldn't be over looked as another hardcore band.

and another vote of alexisonfire.

Jan 18, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #13 of 29
Exactly what are KsE and AILD?
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman4891
Exactly what are KsE and AILD?

KSE = Killswitch Engage
AILD = As I Lay Dying

i remember someone mentioning emocore....go check out..sorry if it has been mentioned....from first to last. album is: dear diary, my teenage angst blah blah blah...dont remember the rest

personally...i didint find it that fantastic...it sounded kinda try-hardish for me. At the drive-in would be better..tho theyre not really emocore

theres this metalcore band..got a female singer innit...something jericho..seriously dont rmemeber..ill try get the name soon unless someone here has heard of them..quite nice...always good to hear someone from the opposite sex doing metalcore vox

no real singing but surprised no one even mentioned Zao

Jan 18, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #15 of 29
Thanks kencer! Do these bands resemble Avenged Sevenfold? A7X was mentioned in this thread, and I like it quite a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back