Metal with alternating clean and scream vocals?
Oct 23, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #31 of 33
Isis's "Panopticon" was a great suggestion.

Also, what about goth metal where the "screamer" is male but the "clean" vocals are female? There are bunches of good records in that genre, but Tristania's "World of Glass" and Epica's "Divine Conspiracy" are especially good.

Oct 23, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isis's "Panopticon" was a great suggestion.

Also, what about goth metal where the "screamer" is male but the "clean" vocals are female? There are bunches of good records in that genre, but Tristania's "World of Glass" and Epica's "Divine Conspiracy" are especially good.

Tristania is great! Though frankly I personally dislike World Of Glass and albums after that, thats the point when Tristania removed their extremer metal roots which made them great originally. Beyond The Veil is one helluva goth metal album, perfect mix of extreme goth and symphonic metal. Beauty & The Beast metal at its finest and epitome of all Goth Metal. IMHO anyway. Thank you for reminding of Tristania, it is definetly worth of mentioning in this thread cuz the male singer also does some clean vocals.

Similar bands to Tristania that might also be worth of checking out; Trail Of Tears and Draconian.

Oct 23, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #33 of 33
I also like "Beyond the Veil" a lot, but I do like "World of Glass". Trail of Tears are also very good - "Profoundemonium" is a good record of theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back