Metal Recommendations?
May 10, 2011 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

ffdpmaggot

100+ Head-Fier
I like stuff like CC's evisceration plague, bloodbath, misery index, gorefest, nile, and morbid angel. Any recommendations for this sort of music?

May 10, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 40
Satyricon come's to mind and of course You dig the Corpse, Nice Choice. There is a Metal thread You can check out and get some more band's out of it for sure.

May 10, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 40
The thread is Lets Talk Metal, They discuss Black and Death Metal, I know You'll find some more there!

May 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 40
I only dig the 'corpse's later material, everything up to "Kill" was too over the top and incoherent. But I tried the thread and i didn't get much out of it other than what ive already queued up in my itunes wish list.

May 10, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #5 of 40
There are other band's out there, Autopsy, Kreator they are older band's, Vader, Children of Bodom and older Cradle of Filth, and Yattering. You could check out Pantera there not Black or Death Metal, they were an Awesome band.

May 10, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #7 of 40
I see You've come to a cross road and need something else to give You a renewed perspective. I'll see what else We can come up with and You'll probably know them too.

May 10, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #8 of 40
I would say your going in more of a tech/death direction. Maybe not looking for the groove of early CC. If you really like Morbid Angel be sure you have Alters Of Madness. There first four really.Gateways to Annihilation by Morbid Angel rules! There is nothing like them. I would look into Entombeds Clandestine! At The Gates...Slaughter Of The Soul.

The current kings of tech/death would have to be Suffocation just get every release by them. The latest two releases would be what I would get first. Anything by Dismember is something to look for and the early album Like An Ever Flowing Stream by them is grand but may not have the SQ your after. Suffocation is the SQ rulers in tech/death.

May 11, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #9 of 40
Death - Human
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Entombed - Clandestine
Autopsy - Mental Funeral
Dismember - Like an Ever Flowing Stream
Carcass - Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious
Suffocation - Pierced From Within
Immolation - Dawn of Possession
The Chasm - Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
Asphyx - Last One on Earth
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Carnage - Dark Recollections
Obituary - Cause of Death
Gorod - Leading VIsion

A generic Death Metal essentials recommendation.

May 11, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #10 of 40
Have all of that in my wish list already. Any obscure recommendations?

May 11, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #11 of 40
Marduk////////////////////////////////////// Nightwing
Vader///////////////////////////////////////// De Profundis
Morbid Angel/////////////////////////////// Domination
Pungent Stench/////////////////////////// Club Mondo Bizarre
Decapitated///////////////////////////////// The Negation
Belphegor//////////////////////////////////// Pestapokalypse
Desecration////////////////////////////////// Gore and Perversion2

May 12, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #13 of 40
Give these pages a look, this is a writer on a metal blog I frequent's death metal column, he tends to write a combination of reviews on well known material and very obscure material and mostly writes about albums with old school death metal styles, or occasionally more progressive/experimental death metal new albums, and he throws in occasional ridiculously negative reviews of modern melodic death metal or tech death which should probably be ignored. There are also some posts made primarily for entertainment purposes and don't have anything to do with death metal, which should be easy to spot and skip by.

http://thenumberoftheblog.com/category/monday-massacre/

May 13, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #14 of 40
Have all of that in my wish list already. Any obscure recommendations?

The Crown - Deathrace King
Brutality - Screams of Anguish
Massacre - From Beyond
Adramelech - Psychostasia
Convulse - World Without God
Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
Runemagick - The Supreme Force of Eternity
Malevolent Creation - Retribution

May 13, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #15 of 40
Only bands I can think of are Slugathor and Krypts. Old school Death Metal from Finland. Check them out.

Also Crackdust is kinda cool. What makes it interesting is that the band is from Botswana, from Africa that is. A true black metal if I may say so. :) Music is again oldschool death metal.

*edit* Oh! Jungle Rot hasnt been recommended yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back