Metal lovers- Which is your favorite METAL band?
Aug 31, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #61 of 81
Savatage all the way baby
biggrin.gif
closely fallowed by Black Sabbath

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #63 of 81
Dragon Force. It's what would happen if you mixed prog rock with J-Rock and threw in a few healthy doses of speed and crack. My Grados make my head ache because I can't track the music fast enough.

Nov 9, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #65 of 81
i listened to some metallica, but i didnt think to much of it, then i started listenin to the cult (not really metal i know) but i bought their recent album beyond good and evil, and it has some metal on it, and it sorta eased the transition. i now listen to Iron Maiden (listenin to them right now) and metallica. im really into thrasher now so ya woo!
basshead.gif
but all the time before this was wasted years for me
smily_headphones1.gif
hehehe (old topic i know, but im new and bored)

Nov 9, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #66 of 81
Rammstein has a few good songs, but all of their lyrics are really stupid. So simple that I even understand them, and my german isn't very good. Children of Bodom should be an option though
frown.gif
. I chose SOAD instead (Yes I do like them). And Slipknot has three drummers, they don't have one exceptional drummer (Their music still sucks IMO).

Nov 11, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #72 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
Yay!
Metallica on top!
My favorite metal band, followed by Iron Maiden then Tool. (Out of the ones listed)

C'mon people, all due respect to everyones choices and all but Metallica's first four albums are just untouchable. What makes Metallica so great other than writing pure, straightforward, old-school metal, is the influence theyve had on EVERYONE whose followed. IMO, no one has influenced the metal genre more than them, which I why for me, they get my nod.
Tool is not a metal band.
Niether is Zep.

And, question for ya'll, im new to Dream Theater...I thought they were considered a prog band?? I know they have a couple of metalish albums...how are they ultimately classified??

Nov 11, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #73 of 81
Lamb of God
Meshuggah
Dillenger Escape Plan
God Forbid
Mudvayne
S.Y.L

Nov 11, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #74 of 81
I voted for Dream Theater. Their musicianship is phenomenal and i never tire of hearing them play.

Nov 11, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #75 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
Blasphemous Girl!

STINKFACE! yay for the new album too "the brutal language" lol i just realized it's gonna look like we're calling each other names

Users who are viewing this thread

Back