Metal lovers- Which is your favorite METAL band?
Aug 27, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #16 of 81
Since Black Sabbath is in there, I voted others and will say Led Zeppelin
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #20 of 81
Voted for Tool, but technically speaking I understand they belong to "Progressive Metal", not exactly the same as "Metal". Anyway Tool's my favorite among listed bands by far.

Aug 27, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #21 of 81
In Flames. The Clayman album is such a work of art. It's too bad they had to go and change.

Aug 27, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #23 of 81
dam you Maiden or Priest.... both are Gods... i went with priest only because i heard there album first... Rocka Rolla Unmastered lol and that just opened the door..

Aug 28, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #24 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Truth is, kirk hammett is pretty good and so is the singer, but lars ulrich is one of the worst drummers ever and the bassist, well...whatever.

From Cliff Burton on, they've only toured with very good and highly respected bassists (emphasis on toured with, seeing how Bob Rock played bass on the album St. Anger).

Though it's a tough choice, I voted Black Sabbath because I've recently rediscovered Master of Reality. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead and Sepultura are all tied for a close second.

Aug 28, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #25 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
From Cliff Burton on, they've only toured with very good and highly respected bassists (emphasis on toured with, seeing how Bob Rock played bass on the album St. Anger).

Though it's a tough choice, I voted Black Sabbath because I've recently rediscovered Master of Reality. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead and Sepultura are all tied for a close second.

YEah I didn't know who the bassist was or if he was good or not so that's hwy I didn't say anything.

Aug 28, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #29 of 81
Pre-Black Metallica started my passion to music listening, but I'll still go with DT as I almost love each of their albums. Opeth being a close third.

Slipknot and Soad are jokes, the first one being a big one.

Aug 28, 2005 at 5:48 PM Post #30 of 81
It is quite difficult to mention just one favorite band over others (as usual with polls like these), but right now I'm really digging Opeth and they have constantly been at the top few of my favorites. The new album is yet another masterpiece, right there with Still Life and BWP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back