Metal lovers- Which is your favorite METAL band?
Aug 27, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 81
Nightwish.

Aug 27, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #4 of 81
Metallica before the Napster hoopla,
SOAD nowadays

Aug 27, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #6 of 81
For me Maiden for sure. They where the first Metal band I got into back in high school and I still dig 'em.
600smile.gif

Aug 27, 2005 at 7:20 AM Post #9 of 81
First- Dreamtheater by a VERY slim margin.
Second- Iron Maiden, my first fave metal band in middle school. I had to save my allowance for weeks just to afford an album.
Third- Pre Black album Metallica, after that nothing else matters.

Aug 27, 2005 at 7:21 AM Post #10 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Danger
confused.gif

Metallica chewed people out about downloading their crap, which it is.

Anyway, I voted Megadeth because I like the style but have never been a fan of Metallica's "we are awesome even though we suck" mentality. Truth is, kirk hammett is pretty good and so is the singer, but lars ulrich is one of the worst drummers ever and the bassist, well...whatever. Also, Slayer pulls even bigger pieces of crap out of their behind than Metallica does. These bands need to get liiives.

Anyway, at the moment Becoming the Archetype is my favourite death-ish band with Soul Source being my favourite Power-Metal band. Favvy Metalcore bands at the moment are As I Lay Dying and Sinai Beach.

Aug 27, 2005 at 3:15 PM Post #14 of 81
Iron Maiden, all the way. they were the first true Heavy Metal band i got into (around fifth grade), bought a cassette of Live After Death and got hooked ever since. i still dig them... even some of the Blaze Bailey stuff is good.

up the Irons!

Aug 27, 2005 at 3:24 PM Post #15 of 81
a few of those bands aren't really metal (tool, soad, slipknot, drowing pool...)

but Dream Theater is one of my favorite bands ever, tied with Pain of Salvation, so them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back