Metal Listener - Alternatives to NE-7Ms/Suggestions
Sep 15, 2009 at 12:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

OpticElement

Head-Fier
Hi, everyone.

I'm looking to purchase my first pair of quality IEMs, as opposed to the crap I have that has failed in a short amount of time, and does not really impress in the SQ department.

I was browsing through the forum and found many recommendations for the NuForce NE-7Ms. However, I'll be mainly using these on the bus/with my MP3 player, which happens to be a Creative Zen MicroPhoto, and according to NuForce from their website the NE-7Ms are not compatible with the Creative Zen
frown.gif
. So, I'm looking for suggestions for alternatives. I have read that the NE-6 are the exact same as the NE-7Ms, but without a mic. Can anyone comment on that? Also, they seem to be compatible with a Creative Zen. Any info would be much appreciated on NE-6 vs. NE-7M!

For any other suggestions on IEMs, my criteria are:

- IEM, not active noise cancelling
- For use with metal music, though all types (death to melodic)
- Price: Up to $100 CAD, though cheaper would be nice
- Using it on the bus as mentioned, so isolation is key

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
darthsmile.gif

Sep 15, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #3 of 9
I think some of the new IEMs out there like the Denon C710 and Mingo WM2 are a HUGE step up from the NE-7M. My biggest problem with the NE-7M is the compressed front to back soundstage.

While the NE-7M is not a bad choice, and when I got them they were so far superior to my other IEMs it wasn't funny, but IMO if you have a $100 budget, there is a huge difference between the NE-6/7 and C710 or WM2. I also read the Cyclone PR2 may be a good choice.

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mokshaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NE-6 is the exact same thing as NE-7M.
Just go for it

Ha, I didn't know there was a new Nuforce model! Jumped on it immediately, this is just what I need right now
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zathan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would it be worth it to buy a pair of Ne-6 if I already own a pair of Yuin Pk3?

IMO, as compared to the PK3, the NE-6 are:

- bass-heavy
- somewhat recessed mids
- more comfortable in the ear
- louder
- isolate much better

As my PK3 broke I am currently using the NE-6 and I am quite happy. They don't fall off my ears, have a low profile and isolate pretty well. Cable is good and has a mid-way length adjuster and clip. Its also not as sticky as the PK3 one. Overall these are probably the most comfortable earphones I've ever had. I don't need to turn them as loud as the PK3, too, as they isolate very well and also are louder at the same source volume.
I think I will continue using them even when my PK3 is repaired.

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zathan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would it be worth it to buy a pair of Ne-6 if I already own a pair of Yuin Pk3?

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, as compared to the PK3, the NE-6 are:

- bass-heavy
- somewhat recessed mids
- more comfortable in the ear
- louder
- isolate much better

As my PK3 broke I am currently using the NE-6 and I am quite happy. They don't fall off my ears, have a low profile and isolate pretty well. Cable is good and has a mid-way length adjuster and clip. Its also not as sticky as the PK3 one. Overall these are probably the most comfortable earphones I've ever had. I don't need to turn them as loud as the PK3, too, as they isolate very well and also are louder at the same source volume.
I think I will continue using them even when my PK3 is repaired.

Depends on what music you listen to and what you really want. I think the PK3 is more air and has a better 3D soundstage while the NE-6/7 has a wider stage and much better bass. Also, throw in the great comparison from oldschool above.

I would say the NE-6/7 is better for electronic and the PK3 for acoustic, but the sound sigs are different also, so you wouldn't have redundancy.

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 9
Have you looked at the Klipsch s4? I bought a pair after some months with the NE-7M, after some burn in time I now prefer the s4 to the NE-7M. The Klipsch have a much better comfort.

Oct 8, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you looked at the Klipsch s4? I bought a pair after some months with the NE-7M, after some burn in time I now prefer the s4 to the NE-7M. The Klipsch have a much better comfort.

Yeah I could wear the s4s probably for days if I wanted without any discomfort
biggrin.gif
Not to mention that I prefer the soundquality of the s4 over the ne-7ms without sacrificing the good bass
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back