Metal is bent on new DT770 250ohm
Nov 24, 2013 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bartzy

New Head-Fier
Hi,

It seems like the metal that retracts to the headband, on the left side, is a bit bent, which causes it to stick out.

Is this anything to be worried about? Should I just bend it the other way? :)

Some pictures:

Thanks!

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #3 of 7
seems like quality problem! can you return it?
does it affect the comfort level in anyway?

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #4 of 7
It doesn't affect the comfort quality. But I'm worried it will deteriorate the headband after sometime.
Is it safe to take the headband apart with the screws and bend it the other way so it will be aligned?

I cannot return it...

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 7
  It doesn't affect the comfort quality. But I'm worried it will deteriorate the headband after sometime.
Is it safe to take the headband apart with the screws and bend it the other way so it will be aligned?

I cannot return it...

I would since you can't return it as it will chew away at the headband if you dont.

Nov 26, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #6 of 7
Any recommendations on how to do the bending? By hand?

Also, the headphones are lopsided - the cup do not meet at the center. I read this was an issue for someone else 2 years ago, but no one answered. Any idea?

Thank you,
Bar.

Nov 26, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #7 of 7
The cups on my DT880's only touch at the bottom when hanging on the stand, that is normal because of the way the hinge works.

Yes I would carefully bend it by hand.

You could also contact beyerdynamic for a price on new yokes if you feel someone has bent them too far out of place. I can't see the yokes being that expensive.
:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back