metal/hard rock songs for workout playlist
Jan 13, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #17 of 29
X2 on the Hatebreed. The ENTIRE "Supremacy" album is great before or during workouts, followed closely by "The Rise of Brutality" album. Absolutely stellar workout test-increasing tunage....eheehehe

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #18 of 29
Devin Townsend -Namaste
Amon Amarth - Runes To My Memory
Devildriver - Clouds Over California
Meshuggah - Closed Eye Visuals
Fear Factory - Archetype
Gojira - The Heaviest Matter of the Universe
Gojira - Flying Whales
Strapping Young Lad - Skeksis
Napalm death - Breed to breathe
Sepultura - Dark Wood of Error
Tool - Vicarious
Tool - Jambi
Stam1na - Lääke
Hatebreed - Life for This
Strapping Young Lad - S.Y.L.
FearFactory - Cyberwaste
Chimaira - Nothing Remains
Slayer - South of Heaven

Its what I listened to today... Spinning class...

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #19 of 29
Playlist during workout:

Today - Max Effort 2-Board Press / Heavy Tri Supplemental / Upper Back and Rear Delt Accessory Work

"Holy Diver" - Killswitch Engage (I love the original by Dio as well)
"Unbroken" - Killswitch Engage
"This Fire" - Killswitch Engage
"Eye of the Storm" - Killswitch Engage
"This is Absolution" - Killswitch Engage
"Give It All" - Rise Against
"Survive" - Rise Against
"Tension" - Nural
"Determined" - Mudvayne
"Pushing Through" - Mudvayne
"War is my Destiny" - Ill Bill

I usually play the above during my Max Effort and Heavy Supplemental work. During Accessory work and warm-ups I have mix of stuff ranging from Nightwish, Evanecense, New Found Glory etc...

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2 on the Hatebreed. The ENTIRE "Supremacy" album is great before or during workouts, followed closely by "The Rise of Brutality" album. Absolutely stellar workout test-increasing tunage....eheehehe

Hell yea. Love both of those albums!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Also, can't go wrong with Punk.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #23 of 29
I only go to the gym to lift and very very occasionally do HIIT cardio but this is the list of songs that'll pump you up so much, you'll easily get 10lbs more on every barbell related exercise (5lb on dumbells)

Amon Amarth - Asator
Amon Amarth - Ride for Vengeance
Amon Amarth - Death in Fire
Amon Amarth - Bleed for ancient gods
Amon Amarth - Twilight of the thunder god

Children of Bodom - Bodom Beach Terror
Children of Bodom - Triple Corpse Hammerblow
Children of Bodom - In Your Face
Children of Bodom - Sixpounder

Ministry - Let's Go
Ministry - Senor Peligro
Ministry - Roadhouse Blues

Lamb of God - O.H.D.G.A.B.F.E (or whatever the hell it is)

Vader - Fear of Napalm
Vader - Xeper
Vader - Wings

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #24 of 29
Five Finger Death Punch - The Way of the Fist

Listened to this the other day while lifting and was great.

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #25 of 29
I'm not much of a metal-head, but my iPod Shuffle has the entire Led Zeppelin catalog on it and there's nothing I'd rather listen to while working out. Bonzo's drumming does something to me that makes it easier to power through any workout at any time of the day! If you haven't checked out Led Zep (most of the bands you mentioned are relatively new...), buy or borrow "Physical Graffitti" for a start and try it at the gym.

Jan 19, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelusjd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Five Finger Death Punch - The Way of the Fist

Listened to this the other day while lifting and was great.

TheWayOfTheFist-1.jpg

That's one of the whole albums I have on my iPod. Usually I pick and choose, but that one is great.

Also, can't go wrong with Hatebreed Supremacy.

Hatebreed-Supremacy-front.jpg

Jan 19, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #27 of 29
I'd like to second the Ministry recommendations. Anything on their last three albums is perfect. Their "Roadhouse Blues" is non-stop pumping aggression.

I recommended Meshuggah's new album (Obzen) to a friend of mine who works out at a gym, and it has worked very well for him. Also have to mention Pantera. Anything from "Vulgar" to "Southern Trendkill" is guaranteed to keep you going.

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #28 of 29
Eeek, I'd have to give up a warning about Meshuggah. They're asymetrical timing actually throws me off from lifting as I expect a certain tempo to base my lifts off of to keep the 'pump' going, but since they use such weird timings, it tends to throw me off.

May work for some, but don't try heavy lifts until you've tried working out with them. May screw you up.

Jan 20, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eeek, I'd have to give up a warning about Meshuggah. They're asymetrical timing actually throws me off from lifting as I expect a certain tempo to base my lifts off of to keep the 'pump' going, but since they use such weird timings, it tends to throw me off.

May work for some, but don't try heavy lifts until you've tried working out with them. May screw you up.

Dude you haven't heard? The latest research is saying that lifting at a 7/8 time is the quickest way to massive muscles! Followed shortly by 5/6.

Well not really
evil_smiley.gif
, but to the OP maybe take a look at some Ramstein. Angry people yelling in German seems like decent workout music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back