METAL: A Headbanger's Companion --- Special Earache Records boxset
May 15, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant to suggest, they don't sell "real" music. It's more about the look than the music, I guess, there.

You mean "real" music like Iron Maiden, Immortal and Emperor? Which is definitely for sale there.

Quote:

Just please don't buy up all the copies before I can get one.
wink.gif

Don't worry, I am sure by "limited" they mean at least a 20,000 set run. There will be more than enough to fill cut-out bins everywhere by this time next year.

May 15, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by citywithoutmetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
earache..shudders
call me when roadrunner releases all they're out of print cult classics.

Wow, you consider roadrunner a good record label. They were when i was in middle school and I liked all the popular s*** they put out. Give me Century Media/Century Black, Nuclear Blast, Abaccus, and the many other labels out their over roadrunner.
I am pretty stoked about this and pre-ordered mine about a week ago. I just can't pass up a deal like that (6 disks, 15 Dollars) Gives me a chance to check out some bands I have heard of put have been skeptical to buy their CD's.

May 15, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostychrist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am pretty stoked about this and pre-ordered mine about a week ago. I just can't pass up a deal like that (6 disks, 15 Dollars) Gives me a chance to check out some bands I have heard of put have been skeptical to buy their CD's.

One reason the collection is so cheap is that Earache hopes people will hear some band they really like and go back and buy thier full album.......I sometimes get record label CD compilation collection thrown in for free on CD order in hopes I will hear something good and go back and buy full CD

May 15, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #19 of 23
Thats why I don't mind buying cheap compilations. I don't know how many free cd's I got from century media. Seems like everytime I order directly from them it comes with one. I think it works both ways I want to be introduced to bands with out shelling money out for a cd that I just don't like.

May 16, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostychrist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, you consider roadrunner a good record label. They were when i was in middle school and I liked all the popular s*** they put out.

You do know there was music before you were in middle school, right?
tongue.gif

RR WAS an awesome label in the 80's and early 90's. They, along with Combat were the best of the "commercial underground" labels during that time. Just because they (RR) are money grubbing trendwhores now, doesn't mean they haven't been once mighty and released more than a handful of absolutely essential classics in metal.

May 16, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erm... uh... I think I'll pass, thank you.

You obviously arent familiar with Anal****? The South Park of grindcore/punk?
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #22 of 23
The only thing I like about Anal ****** is their song titles. I wouldn't even call their music grindcore... they're just an amusing parody band. Personally, I wouldn't have included them in this set.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Earache, and I don't really know what I think about this compilation. There are some great bands, and some stuff that obviously does not belong under the metal label.

May 16, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing I like about Anal ****** is their song titles. I wouldn't even call their music grindcore... they're just an amusing parody band. Personally, I wouldn't have included them in this set.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Earache, and I don't really know what I think about this compilation. There are some great bands, and some stuff that obviously does not belong under the metal label.

Well, Grindcore is quite large genre. Originally it has nothing to do with Metal, it came from punk and anal ****** is from that direction. More "metallic" grindcore/deathmetal crossovers came later and AC is from the original punk side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back