META42 working!!
Nov 21, 2002 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jamont

500+ Head-Fier
I've got a META42 up and running, many thanks to tangent for advice and quick shipment of the PC board and parts. It went together pretty easily for something so tiny...

One more question. I have an AD8512 on BrownDog adapter (obtained from tangent, thanks again), can anyone tell me how to orient it in the IC socket? What corresponds to the cut-out?

Nov 21, 2002 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 4
I think tangents board has a SMT pad upon the Bottom of the Board. I would use this rather than an adaptor. Looking at the Bottom of the Board with the Power supply caps located at the bottom with the Vol Cont shaft pointong twards your left the IC's part # is at the top so you can read the Part # left to Right as one normaly reads.

Nov 21, 2002 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 4
If you look at the adapter, you should see one pad/pin that is square, this is pin #1. Orient the adapter so pin #1 is upper left.

Nov 21, 2002 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, that helps a lot. There's actually a tiny "1" on the little board, but I couldn't begin to see that without a magnifier...

With that cleared up, I substituted the AD8512 for the OPA2132PA and yes it still worked. First impression is that the AD8512 sounds a little more detailed (using MDR-V6's).

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back