Meta42 suspicions. . .
Sep 19, 2002 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Hey guys, I have a sort of interesting question. . . I finally finished my meta42, its in a case, etc, I just have to borrow a digital camera. Now, it may just be me, but it seems that the bass is a tad worse than it used to be. It just isn't as pronounced as I remember it being when I first tested it. Now, when I first tested it, it was all basically soldered together(RCAs directly to the pot, etc). When i listened to that test version, I was knocked out because of the bass. It was just so deeeeeeeeeeep. Now that my version is finished, that bass just isn't there. I mean, is it the wire? I mean, I didn't use anything fancy. Just some shielded belden. Or, is it just me? I'm a very nit-picky person. . . is it just my mind trying to get me not to enjoy myself?

Sep 20, 2002 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 4
Are your batteries fresh?

Sep 20, 2002 at 12:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Belden makes very good wires, but they are not audio-specific. I mean, many Belden wires are designed for computer use. So you are not going to get 6/9s copper wire from them.

You could try some audio-specific, high-purity copper or silver wire instead of the Belden. At the lower end, AlliedElec.com is a good source of Alpha teflon-insulated copper-wire (solid or stranded). While at the top end, Michael Percy has some of the very best chassis wires available anywhere: Cardas, Kimber, Vampire, XLO, etc., etc. I mean, you can get 6/9s copper or 4/9s silver hook-up wires from Michael Percy.

Allied tends to charge too much for shipping. So beware...
http://www.alliedelec.com

http://www.percyaudio.com

For newbies...
I better explain the 6/9s and 4/9s. This refers to the number of 9s involved in the percentage. In other words, it tells you how pure the metal is. For example...

6/9s = .999999%

4/9s = .9999%

Easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back