Meta42 enclosures?
Jun 27, 2002 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
I'm looking for an enclosure for the meta42 I'll be building soon. I'm looking at the Serpac A-27/A-31, but those can only fit 1 9V battery. . .

Jun 28, 2002 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 5
Okay, so you know the board size (it's given on the site), and you know the height of your components (in their datasheets) and you know how many batteries you want to use....

So is there a question left worth answering?
rolleyes.gif

Oh, I do have something substantive: consider the AD823. It will power Sennheiser 580s just fine from a single 9V battery. With a conservatively-configured META42, this combo with EL2001s will draw on the order of 10 mA...it's a very efficient setup, and it still sounds great, to me.

Jun 28, 2002 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Hmm, this one looks interesting. . .

http://www.hammondmanufacturing.com/dwg2ap.htm

Sure, you'd have to open it each time you wanted to change out batteries. . . but it looks ok.

Is it ok size wise? 4.7 X 2.6 X 1.4

Come on... If your gonna DIY, then DIY!!

Go buy a sheet of 1/4" acrylic in whatever color you choose, buy a saw and some glue and a drill (stuff you probably already have around), some steel weool to smooth the edges and make a case that looks MUCH better than anything hammond makes.

You can get clear acrylic sheets at home depot or wherever and when your done, you'll have a case that shows-off your handywork!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back