Meta enough for Beyer DT880?
Oct 7, 2003 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 6
K501s are very hard to drive.. The dt880 would probably be allot easier, but I haven't had enough experience with them to really say. They sounded good out of a x-can v2 and also sounded pretty good directly from a headphone-out of a cd-player.

I personally find my k501's quite enjoyable with my prehead, But all my other equipment has a hard time driving them.

Oct 7, 2003 at 11:40 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Hadden
It's good to know they sounded fine out of a portable. My 501s definately do not! Thanks zool.

This was not a portable cd-player though... I don't remember which cdp it was, but I remember it was way out of my price league. I haven't tried the DT880 from anything portable, sorry
frown.gif

Oct 10, 2003 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 6
Meta drove DT880 fine when I had it. Actually I once walked around in Toronto downtown with DT880 connected to a Clie PDA and thought the sound was good enough. Though I'd probably looked dorky.

Oct 10, 2003 at 12:23 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Hadden
I have AKG 501s now. Which is harder to drive?

I dunno about the DT-880s, but certain very dynamic symphonies cause my NAD L-40 to clip when running the AKG K-501s. (No worries, though... my Rega Ear is on its way!)

--Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back