Messed up with my UM2s
May 25, 2006 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hook

Head-Fier
I've goofed. I was cleaning my new UM2s and pushed too hard against the filter, popping it into the headpiece (more accurately, into the sound tube - it's still there, right next to the silver tip). I'm extremely mad at myself...I didn't really realize there was a filter in there, much less that the cleaning tool would be long enough to dislodge it. Nothing in the manual warned me about it, if so I certainly would have been much more careful.
frown.gif

I figure I need to send them back to be repaired. My question is if it could possibly hurt to use them before I do, I'm travelling in a day or so and really wanted to use them on the plane. So, could I use them and then send them back, or is that risking damage?
confused.gif

Definitely bummed,
Andrew

May 25, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigDee
Use em. Nothing bad should happen out of that.

Thanks, that's kinda what I thought, it looks like it's going to stay where it is and not fall further into the "chamber" (for lack of a better word).

I'm just pissed at myself - I'm very OC about taking care of stuff and can't believe I did that.

Anyone know how long it typically takes to get stuff back from Westone when it's sent in?

May 25, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 5
They have incredibly fast turnaround. I called two days after I sent mine in to ask if they'd received them and they told me they had already shipped them. They use DHL overnight. I just upgraded to UM2s from UM1s today and I can't get over how good these things sound. You must have pretty waxy ears to be cleaning a new pair.

May 25, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate
They have incredibly fast turnaround. I called two days after I sent mine in to ask if they'd received them and they told me
they had already shipped them. They use DHL overnight.

That's awesome, thanks.

Quote:

I just upgraded to UM2s from UM1s today and I can't get over how good these things sound. You must have pretty waxy ears to be cleaning a new pair.

Not really, I've been swapping tips a lot and just noticed some loose pieces and thought I'd get them out before they got stuck. While I had the tool inserted, my cell phone rang (while on vibrate) and it startled me...like I said, I'm pissed as hell at myself.

They do sound very good, that's why I was worried I'd have to use my e2cs for the trip...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back