Messed up my Altima today...
Oct 21, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #16 of 29
I'm sure you can get it done for 200-300 dollars at a hack shop. I had 2 door dings pulled for a neighbor a few weeks ago for $200, and that was paintless. I spent 10 years estimating collision repairs at my brothers shop and at our rate (which was standard in our area), I would say to repair would be 8 hours @ $120hr plus $200 in materials and $70 for the moulding. This is a high end shop that services Bentely, Lexus, and an exotic motorsports dealership in Chicago.

Oct 21, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
yeah I dont think the insurance company will cover it, since I did this myself. but right now i'm feeling pretty pissed off

The insurance company will cover the repair minus the deductible. It's called a comprehensive claim. You can negotiate with the body shop and have them "eat" your deductible to earn your business.

Oct 23, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #19 of 29
WOW...I'm totally out of words...

I parked my car at the mall today because I work there on weekends, and after work I drive home. I get out of my car to get something from the trunk and I see that the right back side (extending from the original damage to the side back fender) has been scratched/dented!
mad.gif
Some idiot must has side swiped the car while parking/pulling out. I'm in total disabelief... 2 accidents in one week! Whats worse is the moron didnt even have the courtesy to leave contact information of any kind, and I left the mall without even realizing that my car got messed up.

Seriously, what can I do guys? Will I be able to file a comprehensive claim with the insurance company for this one also? I mean, I dont want my insurance policy to go up for this... I'm just in utter shock right now

Oct 23, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #20 of 29
that really sucks man, i totally feel your pain. Some a-hole swiped my moms new acura in a parking lot a few months after we bought it. Left a huge dent in the wheel well, and they just drove off! Its just sickening that they think they can just leave and take zero responsibility when they damaged someone elses property.

On a more positive note, I was being nice one day and while looking for a parking spot at the mall, I stopped to let a bigger cargo van back out. I watched as the driver slammed into the parked car behind him. At this point I started honking my horn to get him to stop. I roll down my window and start shouting, telling him he hit the guy behind him and to stop backing up. His wife/passenger just gave me this "we know, we know" wave, and they pulled out and started driving off! Some nerve.. Well I copied down the license plate # and gave it to the owner of the car when they returned (bumped into them by chance). Hopefully they pressed charges for hit and run.

Oct 24, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #21 of 29
called my insurance company today, and they will cover both under collision/comprehensive claim. since this was a "not at fault" accident and I had no previous records of claims, accidents, tickets, etc., my monthly premium will also stay the same. I can finally breath a sigh of relief. all I have to pay is a deductible of $500.

now onwards with the search of a good body shop...

Oct 25, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
A bit late but are there any security cameras at the mall aimed at the place you had parked your car?

a little update, but I falsely accused the person who hit my car as a "hit and run". so today I called the security office at the mall to report the accident and was told that the person actually left their contact/insurance info with them. apparently the person didnt feel comfortable with leaving their info on my car so they called up security and gave it to them. I called up the person and they were extremely polite, so we are going to go ahead and file the claim with the insurance company, so all repair costs will be covered and I dont have to spend a penny, what a relief.

I will take the car to some local shops and get an estimate, we're looking at somewhere between $1500-2000 as total. I'll take some pictures of the car tomorrow when its light out, to show its battle scars within one week's time, and 4 weeks of ownership
eek.gif

Oct 25, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #25 of 29
That was nice of them to leave their information with the security people. But it would have also been nice of them to leave a note on your car to check with the security people to get said information. That way you wouldn't have left the place without knowing you had been hit in the first place and gone through all the extra steps. But at least everythings ok now and you are dealing with good people.

Oct 25, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #26 of 29
yeah it would've made sense if they left a quick note, but I'm not complaining. it is indeed good to know there are still sincere people out there.

Oct 25, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
So, you messed up your car...and then someone else messed it up some more, and now insurance covers both?

interesting.

no, insurance is covering only the fender that the person hit. to fix the door that I scratched, I have to pay a $500 deductible. hope that clarifies things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back