Message From Cowon Tech Support re 4gb...
Feb 23, 2007 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

stereophile

Head-Fier
I e-mailed Cowon's tech support a couple of questions yesterday. I wanted to make absolutely sure 4gb SD memory would work with the 2gb D2, since thats the only model I can get now in USA.

I emailed their tech support 2 questions. I'll just put the Q & A verbatim below.

Questions:1. What is the maximum size memory card the 2GB D2 will work with?
Will the 2GB D2 work with a 4GB card, giving it a total of 6GB?

2. When is the 4GB D2 going to be avaible in USA?

Cowon's tech support answers:
1. Currently works with up to 2GB SD cards, next firmware update
should have support for greater capacity SD cards.

2. We've been told possibly April, no official ETA has been given.
Thank You,
Technical Suppport Staff
Cowon America Inc

What does everyone make of this? I've heard that many people are currently using the 2gb D2 with an additional 4gb SD memory. Are they just saying it will only work with 2gb SD as the official answer(thats what they will support), or something?

Also - yes -- note -- April for the 4gb in USA. I guess I made the right decision by not waiting to buy the 4gb.

Incidentally, I checked all 8 or so websites that Cowon points to for buying their products in USA -- newegg.com, chiefvalue, amazon, etc -- they were all sold out of the D2, if they ever carried it at all.

So I went back to Jetmall to order it. But they were sold out too. I finally ended up being able to order a D2 from Jetmall -- in a bundle package with additional 2gb SD memory. $219 for that package -- not that great of a deal, but I was tired of waiting -- my iRiver died about a week ago, and its . . . been . . . really . .. diffikult, you know?

Its like cold turkey. My friends say my face is twitching involuntarily, and I don't realize it. I need sleep, or music, or something
basshead.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by stereophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my iRiver died about a week ago, and its . . . been . . . really . .. diffikult, you know?

That cracked me up.
icon10.gif

Of course, I'm still sorry to hear your DAP has passed on …
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back