Merry Christmas to all!
Dec 23, 2014 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jaybo1

New Head-Fier
Hi there. I'm Jason, DJ from Ireland . spinning mostly, house, electro, funk disco etc. currently using digital format (serato. mp3's) i need to use headphones at home all the time because of my neighbours! but I'm never happy with the sound when forced to listen to music in this way. i use a rane ttm57sl mixer, industry standard technics headphones. i get "listeners fatigue" a lot while playing/listening to music at home and this forum was suggested to me so that i could find ways to improve my listening experience. thank you for taking the time to read this and if anyone  can help me by giving me some advice it would be appreciated.
i'm not really sure where to start when it comes to upgrading. i suppose a decent set of headphones would be the first thing i should look at! 
i wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 10
Hi,

Some tips for successful extended sessions:

Low volume.
Do not expect bass through headphones to hit your chest, let your mind get used to the headphone sound at low/normal volume, then you'll be able to pick up more details than listening louder, and you'll be able to do what you do safely for years.
Here you can read about this:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/loud-music-sucks

Pick full size comfortable headphones

If you don't need isolation, choose open back designs, the bigger soundstage and better instrument separation gives you a more speaker-like presentation than most closed back designs.

Merry Christmas!

Dec 23, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #5 of 10
some very useful tips here. thank you for the advice!  there seems to be a wealth of information on these forums that i could benefit from right across the board! glad i'm here!
i want to start shopping for a new set of headphones soon. something more comfortable and better quality than technics standard dj headphones. but not so big as to take up too much room in my kit bag when i go out for gigs.  anyone got any suggestions? 

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 10
i have been looking at the senheisser urbanite range. the look nice! good price (around 200 usd i have been told)and the size would suit me. but are they any good?  anyone?

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #7 of 10
just found a pair i quite like and might be suitable for me. Reloop RHP-10. 

https://www.henleydesigns.co.uk/RHP-10-p1180

does anyone have any experience of this company's headphones? or used these before? i know they are not top end but most of their other products are reputed to be decent among DJ circles

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #8 of 10
  just found a pair i quite like and might be suitable for me. Reloop RHP-10. 

https://www.henleydesigns.co.uk/RHP-10-p1180

does anyone have any experience of this company's headphones? or used these before? i know they are not top end but most of their other products are reputed to be decent among DJ circles

Never heard of them.

If you want something bassy and pretty compact, you should consider V-Moda headphones. Yamaha Pro 400/500 shoud work as warm sounding consumer friendly headphones too.

If you prefer to stay under 100 dollars, Takstar Pro 80 has probably the best value out there. It's slightly bassy, with detailed treble. Build quality is very good and it comes with a great box.

Best Luck!

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #10 of 10
  Never heard of them.

If you want something bassy and pretty compact, you should consider V-Moda headphones. Yamaha Pro 400/500 shoud work as warm sounding consumer friendly headphones too.

If you prefer to stay under 100 dollars, Takstar Pro 80 has probably the best value out there. It's slightly bassy, with detailed treble. Build quality is very good and it comes with a great box.

Best Luck!

the reviews of these are positive! and a good price too! these are going on the short list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back