Meridian Introduces New More Affordable High End AV Line
Aug 31, 2003 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

dokebi

500+ Head-Fier
Hopefully it refills itself every week or so.
basshead.gif

Aug 31, 2003 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 23
Quote:

usc goose said...

that's what they call more affordable?

Seconded. Look very elegant, though.

Aug 31, 2003 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 23
If these pieces sound as good as the new Meridian CD player I bought a couple of weeks ago they are worth the money. I have rarely heard CD's sound so good.

Aug 31, 2003 at 5:54 PM Post #4 of 23
Well, those prices are certainly more affordable . . . its looks like I can afford the remote!

Aug 31, 2003 at 6:59 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by dokebi
Hopefully it refills itself every week or so.
basshead.gif

Thankfully, it does...but oddly, it seems to empty much quicker
eek.gif

Sep 1, 2003 at 12:02 AM Post #12 of 23
If you like Krell gear. I've heard some (including an all-Krell system valued at over $200k) and it just sounds strident, sharp, and piercing. Really dynamic and impactful, though.

Meridian has an almost opposite sound. It's not as syrupy as the gear from some companies, but certainly tends more towards the so-called "musical" and further from pure PRAT. I find that my Meridian player is in the end very balanced, clear, and natural without trying to be flashy or seductive at the cost of balance.

Regarding affordability -- I think that it's silly to call these models affordable or even more affordable than previous models. The 508 retailed for $4000 and now the G08 retails for $4000. The 507 retails for around $3000 as well, just like the upcoming G07.

Maybe it's more affordable because of the recent stagflation?

Sep 1, 2003 at 12:48 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Hiker
Well, those prices are certainly more affordable . . . its looks like I can afford the remote!

I second that. LOL. Is the stuff hand-made or is it the higher costs of American labor? Oh well; whatever makes ppl happy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2003 at 5:44 PM Post #15 of 23
I have spoke w/ a few who have heard the CD player. They got rid of the 507's in the store cause the new entry CD rocks (sorry John). The remote is new as well. Supposedly it has learning capabilities, and each button is lit up. I still hear people saying the 508.20 is a bit better (in some circumstances) then the .24's, so I have to hear for myself. One good thing, I have been looking for a 508/506, and more will be available soon! I think I might like the old look better, but I am curious what they got going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back