Meridian 588 - Head-Fi Is To Blame
Aug 27, 2004 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

PhilS

Headphoneus Supremus
After reading all the great comments about the Meridian players on this site, including the 588, I just had to consider replacing my Arcam 72 Diva. I just recently purchased a Singlepower Supra amp from Mikhail and was beginning to feel that I need something of the quality of Meridian, Cary, etc. to do the Supra justice (which is awesome by the way). Anyway, I purchased a mint, used 588 from Todd for $2000 and it should be arriving next week. When my wife sees the credit card bill,
eek.gif
I'm blaming it on you guys.

Aug 27, 2004 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 7
Your building quite the serious headphone system!
icon10.gif
Enjoy, and congrats on your new CDP.

Aug 27, 2004 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Your building quite the serious headphone system!

Thanks. But it's only one system. Not the five that most people around here seem to have. Ooh, that sounds like a good justification. "Honey, it's not like I have five CDP's and five headphone amps like those other nuts."
600smile.gif

Aug 27, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
Thanks. But it's only one system. Not the five that most people around here seem to have. Ooh, that sounds like a good justification. "Honey, it's not like I have five CDP's and five headphone amps like those other nuts."
600smile.gif

You can only listen to one at a time, and your doing it right.
I'd also come up with a better line for the wife.
icon10.gif

Aug 27, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 7
PhilS: I see now that jester is getting a new source also to put with his new Supra. I think hes going to get one of the Music Hall Maverick sacd players and have it modified. You guys really dont waste any time!

Aug 28, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
PhilS: I see now that jester is getting a new source also to put with his new Supra. I think hes going to get one of the Music Hall Maverick sacd players and have it modified. You guys really dont waste any time!

Yeah, it looks like we got the disease alright. As I indicated in my initial post, I am so impressed by what the Supra can do, that I want to make sure I'm feeding it the best source I can (within the realm of reasonableness anyway). I actually purchased the Meridian under Todd's 30-day return policy, so I plan to try it out along with some other possibilities that I might have access to, such as the Bel Canto DAC-2 and maybe the Cary 303/200. I suspect, however, that I'm really going to like the Meridian from everything I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back