Memory access on Sony A10 and A20 series - is it either or both?
Dec 30, 2015 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tassie Devil

100+ Head-Fier
Maybe a dumb question because I've not read the manual carefully enough, but I'm unclear if music files downloaded into the internal memory (call them group A) and music files downloaded into the memory card (call them group B) are all accessed or are files only available from A OR B but not A & B??

As I access files at random I'm unsure about this and need to know because I'm setting up files for a friend on a new A25.  I have an A17 with 128GB card  and only have music files aboard.

TIA

John

Dec 31, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 7
  You have to choose your file source, so it is either from the inbuilt memory or the memory card at the start up screen.

Just studied up the A25 manual and I'm unsure if this is right.  To quote from page 93:

"[All Range]
Plays back all songs in the built-in memory and microSD card by the
selected search method ([All Songs], [Album], [Artist], etc.).
Select this to play all albums in the music menu in order.

Maybe that is a change made for the A25 but is not the case for the A17??

Hopefully SONY will clear that up.

John

Dec 31, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 7
Ignore my previous reply - obviously had too much celebratory fizzy juice.

The A17 asks you to select which source you want to save your file to, ie internal storage or memory card.
But, and I just did this to check,  once you have saved it to either, when you select "music" on the A17 screen, it gives you all the music you have saved on both internal and card storage.

This is good. I learnt something new about my unit.

Dec 31, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks.

I tried to get to the bottom of it my studying the A17 manual but, as you say, they only refer to downloading options, not to play options so I guess we have an answer - yes it accesses all music from both locations, something which makes more sense.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back