Members help - What accessories to include with universal IEM
Jun 8, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #16 of 27
Great to hear that! xD

That would actually work too. Indeed the silicone can get dusty easily... How about a donut shaped case? 

The carry case is a problematic one. It needs to be not to heavy and also have to make sure it can be packaged easily without adding to much to the dimensions and weight.

Jun 8, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #17 of 27
A hard carry case with molded sections for the iems and the tips as well as maybe a cleaning tool and a cloth to wipe it down. Some rechargeable desiccant would be great as well. It might bump the price up a bit but personally, I would say it's worth it rather than having to hunt down a "perfect" case for the iems.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #18 of 27
I prefer a hard case because I usually carry my IEMs in a bag. I doubt that soft pouches will keep headphones as safe against the heavy stuff that bounces around my bag. If I keep them in my pockets I usually don't bother with a case.
+1 for wire tidy and airplane adaptor! Can't remember the number of times I was grumpy on a flight because I didn't have an adaptor with me.

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #20 of 27
I'd go with a hard case, something compact, but not so much so that putting the iems inside becomes a process. I'd stay away from a hard, plastic shell case and go with a soft but rigid vinyl one, something that won't rattle around with a lot of clacketty-clack when you're on the go.

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #21 of 27
As far as cord winding has gone, the ones that comes pre-included that I've found to be the most useful would be the IEM holder that comes included with the Xiaomi Piston 2.0, which has cut out sections clearly designated for each part of the IEM, and the cord itself is wound up inside the holder in a conveniently designed gap (it is kind of hard to explain but it makes sense once you see it);  the other is a much simpler in Dunu DN-1000's wrap around binder for keeping the cord bound which is attached directly to the cord.

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #23 of 27
DUNU cord binders are one of the best solutions in cable management.

Yep - PM'd that idea to Bob when he first asked for ideas a bit over a week ago.  Definitely best I've used.

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #24 of 27

Yep - PM'd that idea to Bob when he first asked for ideas a bit over a week ago.  Definitely best I've used.

Excellent!
Lets hope your suggestion gets incorporated. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back