Members help - What accessories to include with universal IEM
Jun 7, 2014 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Rockbob

Member of the Trade: Rock Jaw
Well guys, as some of you may have read in another thread we are changing our packaging drastically.

In doing so this will allow us to make some inner changes and make room to include more things.

The following models will be able to have more accessories:

Hydra
Arcana
Alfa Genus
Kontrol

We are already including 3 pairs of silicone and 3 pairs of memory foam tips. But remember that they are not huge priced stuff as Hydra and Arcana are at £39.99, Alfa Genus at £49.95 and Kontrol at £119.95

So we wanted to ask you all what you think is good to have included.

We want to include what IS useful rather than the nice to have but never used.

If you think of anything other than the items I have included in the poll, please let me know so I can add them.

Cheers

Jun 7, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #3 of 27
A nice EVA rigid case with zipper or a "decent" quality pouch with a top fold over flap as opposed to draw strings.

Large enough that you don't have to wind the cord around two fingers and scrunch everything up to make it all fit.

A shirt clip if there is not one already included and possibly ear hooks so the IEM can be worn up or down.

Cheers!
:beerchug:

Jun 7, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #4 of 27
Personally, I would find a hard carry case very useful, I even stated so in my reviews.
Having multiple IEMs without cases just causes problems, IEMs can easily get damaged when sitting somewhere when not in use.
A supplied case would provide a 'home' to the associated IEMs, while cleaning tools are generally interchangeable and you don't need as many.

Jun 7, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #5 of 27
Voted "carry pouch" rather than hard carry case.

I would imagine most people would like to have a case they can take with them (ie in a jeans or trouser pocket).  The problem with the really rigid cases is that they are really obvious and uncomfortable.  You can get nice semi-rigid zippered cases which will provide all the protection you need, and they don't need to cost the earth.

Bob - I'll PM you some ideas of what I mean.

Other than that - on your higher end models .......

1. You can include a 3.5-6.3 mm adaptor - but to be honest I never use one with my IEMS.  A bit superfluous really.
  2. I would like to see an airline adaptor thought - those are really handy - and just needs to be included in the op of the line IEMs
  3. A tie for coiling the IEMs would also be good.  I'll PM you an idea on that as well. 

Cheers

Paul

Jun 7, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #8 of 27
I like both cases but tend to carry soft ones more often because they fit better in the pocket.

Jun 7, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #9 of 27
Soft pouches for me too. NarMoo thought putting their IEMs in a huge case that fit all their accessories and served as the IEMs packaging was a good idea. It wasn't. I've literally never used the case because of how big it is so I just stuff the IEMs in my pocket.

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #10 of 27
I personally prefer hard case as I usually carry my IEMs or headphones in a bag or I just leave them in my car and hold it on hand if anything. Chances are, they may get sit on (that's how my Incase Pivot died), dropped on the floor or getting knocked around in my bag. A hard case would prevent that but I believe not many people carries IEMs this way though xD

It is also worth mentioning to avoid plastic case. They may cracks once in received heavy impact. IMO

+1 for airplane adapter and 3.5mm jack to 6.3mm jack.

Billson :)

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #12 of 27
I prefer to tangle cable myself IMO... I hardly uses any of those but if RockJaw can design something that is easy to use, some may consider using it.

I was thinking of silicone case @.@

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #13 of 27
I have a really simple idea for the cable tidy thanks to another member. But will make from leather.

Silicone is great but never looks to nice. Was thinking of something like a neoprene fabric mix to put it between a hard and soft case.

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #14 of 27
Sounds like you're on the right track Bob 
wink.gif

Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Jun 8, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #15 of 27
I have a really simple idea for the cable tidy thanks to another member. But will make from leather.

Silicone is great but never looks to nice. Was thinking of something like a neoprene fabric mix to put it between a hard and soft case.

Great to hear that! xD

That would actually work too. Indeed the silicone can get dusty easily... How about a donut shaped case? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back