Melos SHA-1 review
Dec 5, 2001 at 3:33 AM Post #16 of 21
Bob makes custom silver ICs for a great price. The beat everything I tried up to a little over $500. The good news: they cost $150.

Dec 8, 2001 at 7:51 PM Post #17 of 21
Well, the HP-2's came in yesterday, and holy crap is right -- much to my delight, they have the Signature Ultra-Wide Bandwith Reference cable (which based upon postings here, I take NOT to be the standard wire on these?).

Should be sitting down to some listening later this evening and will report back...

Dec 9, 2001 at 1:03 AM Post #18 of 21
oh, please do report back. I haven't read anything from regarding the combo here/at headwize (strange considering it was the intended use of the melos...)

Dec 9, 2001 at 4:22 AM Post #19 of 21
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm somewhat new to the world of serious Headphone listening. Just purchased my HD600 and a Antique Sound Labs Headamp. Prior to this I have always used speakers. Looking for a little more compromise with my significant other as my taste in speakers runs towards large line source designs. Headphones seem like a good solution to my listening at 2 am insomnia habit.
I have owned a Melos MA-222 preamplifier, heavily modified by the designer, Mark Porzilli who I new in New Jersey. All the componenets in my chain are Melos from the CD player to the Amplifiers. Melos products for my buck always represented very high end quality at prices affordable by real people on real budgets, now that the company is out of business there are great bargains to be had. Technical Support can be had through Melos Classic Restorations in Las Vegas if ever needed.

Dec 9, 2001 at 11:08 PM Post #20 of 21
glad to hear that you've gotten years of enjoyment out of your Melos products... Why did you get the ASL amp instead of the Melos SHA-1?

Dec 10, 2001 at 1:15 AM Post #21 of 21
When I left New Jersey I had to sell my speaker system..it was kind of heavy and large....my company had weight limitations.
Currently cash strapped because I am saving for new speakers. Getting the headphones and any headamp was a stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back