Melos on ebay
Dec 1, 2001 at 7:10 PM Post #16 of 31
Reserve is $399 for anyone who cares
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2001 at 7:42 PM Post #17 of 31
Thanks, Flumpus! How did you find out? E-mail the seller?

Dec 1, 2001 at 8:18 PM Post #18 of 31
Apparently, he's right.
biggrin.gif

And word to the wise: if you up an e-bay bid and it thereby crosses the reserve, the system raises your current (i.e., active) bid to the reserve. I was unaware of this (I assumed it would simply keep my current bid, but raise my hidden max), and it came as something of a shock to see my bid jump that fast. I would've preferred to not meet the reserve & then try to negotiate with the seller. Ah, well, it is unlikley $399 will stay for long..

-d

Dec 2, 2001 at 7:44 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by aeberbach
Anyone who just gave up smoking could afford this easily!
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

lol

naa.. i bought Civilization III yesterday as a smoking cessation device. rather than smoke i'll just play computer games constantly. and listen to my cans. maybe a source upgrade... arghh!!!

Dec 3, 2001 at 7:45 PM Post #21 of 31
Just do like I used to - count the number of days that you haven't been smoking and multiply that by the number of packs you might have consumed and the cost per pack. If you ignore all the previous times you have used this method you will be able to justify buying almost anything.

Dec 3, 2001 at 9:41 PM Post #22 of 31
Arrggh...

Outbid to the tune of $460. And this with a day to go. Still a reasonable price, to be sure, but this dashes my hopes of getting a Melos for the price of an MG Head (which was what I was going to buy otherwise, and is, unlike the current price for the Melos, actually within my budget..).

Ah, well..

Dec 3, 2001 at 9:49 PM Post #23 of 31
oh, I must apologize for posting it here. It may cause you some $$$. I'm sorry DLaugh.

You may not be able to "laugh" now.
But Please Not Don't Laugh.

Dec 3, 2001 at 9:53 PM Post #24 of 31
Well, I'm the high bidder, I was just messin' around with my roommate (I already have a Melos) who hopes to win this one. He's utdphase7 and will probably be goin' higher, so back off everyone :wink:

Dec 5, 2001 at 5:05 AM Post #26 of 31
Yep, me. More than I wanted to pay for an amp, but various christmas-gift-giving forces agreed to chip in. And from what I understand, $521 is a reasonable price to pay for such a creature.

Many thanks go to all the members here. This all started with me being annoyed at how noisy my workplace is. A month or so later, I find that I own $750 worth of headphones and amps. Jeesh -- someone needs to latch down my credit cards. In any case, y'all were invaluable sources of information.

Next stop.. a new CDP. Then.. tuberolling! whee!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2001 at 5:07 AM Post #27 of 31
Hehe...congratulations! It certainly was exciting
smily_headphones1.gif
And ya, considering how many top dollar amps this thing beats, that's a great deal! Be sure to let us know how you like it.

Dec 5, 2001 at 7:45 AM Post #29 of 31
Good job, man! And remember, the more reviews, the merrier!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back