Melos Appreciation
Feb 27, 2004 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SteeleBlayde

1000+ Head-Fier
WilsonM has been kind enough, yet again, to loan me his Meridian 507 and his Carlo-Advised Modded Melos SHA-Gold Reference for the upcoming seattle meet.

And I have to remark that every single time I hear the Melos with my HP-1's, I am absolutely blown away. The way this duo makes the music flow is pretty damn impressive. This is an appreciation thread not only for Carlo's contributions to making this great sound possible, but for the sound itself. The HP-1/Melos combo is one of the best systems in the world and I just want to reacknowledge that.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm sure many people already know this too, but everytime I hear it, its like an epiphany and I cant help telling people about it even if they've heard it all before.
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2004 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 5
I always have a great Melian Dialogue with my headphones when using the Melos Maestrobator. Ok...I am so sorry for that joke. In fact, I am so sure that nobody will get it, that I have to explain it. The melian dialogue was a chapter in Thucydides "A History of the Peloponnesian War" where the Athenians come to Melos and try to get them to surrender, arguing that justice is in the hands of the stronger. The Melians demur and all their men are killed and their women and children forced into slavery. Yeah, so that is what I think of when I listen to my amp....

Oh, and did you ever see my carlo appreciation thread? Not that he doesn't deserve another...just curious..

Feb 29, 2004 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 5
My brother owns grado hp-1's and a melos sha-1 amp combo...and WOW it does sound amazing. I listen to it every chance i get, however that isnt much as he is always hogging them! But the again it is his...arg.

Dan

Feb 29, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Dan the audioman
My brother owns grado hp-1's and a melos sha-1 amp combo...and WOW it does sound amazing. I listen to it every chance i get, however that isnt much as he is always hogging them! But the again it is his...arg.

Dan

I'd be jealous as well if I were you. No wait, I still am jealous.
tongue.gif
Does he post here?

Feb 29, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
I'd be jealous as well if I were you. No wait, I still am jealous.
tongue.gif
Does he post here?

Oh trust me, I am very jealous! However, the one thing i really don't like them is how the grado's fit on my head...the are way to loose for my somewhat small head and they bounce around.
frown.gif

No, he doesnt post here anymore...he's smart because he finally got the system he wanted and then stopped posting here because he knew he would end up buying something else...I wish i could do that except im still working up to the system I want.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back