melos and 5.1 sacd multichannel - help
Dec 3, 2002 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pureofheart

New Head-Fier
I am in need of your help again.

I recently purchased a sacd multichannel player and it is connected to my melos maestro preamp.

The melos is a 2 channel preamp that I use on my headphones and now I am planning on buying some sacd's but most of them are multichannel recordings. How will they sound on the 2 channel preamp? or should I stick to the 2 channel sacd recodings?

also, I have another question on the melos. The sacd player states that some preamps, speakers will not handle the frequency for sacd's of 50khz and if not known if the preamp, speakers can handle it, then use the 40khz(otherwise, they may get damaged).
there is a switch on the back of the unit to switch between three options, 40khz, 50 front and 40 rear, and 50khz all channels.
Does anyone know if it is safe to set it to 50khz to play on the melos and headphones? (grados and sennheisers).

Appreciate your help and comments.

Dec 4, 2002 at 12:29 AM Post #2 of 3
All multi-channels SACDs and DVD-As have a standard 2-channel layer. You can't listen to a multi-channel recording on two-channel headphones anyway.

I've played many SACDs through my Melos and they sound breathtaking. I'd make sure I was getting the fullest-range signal possible.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back