Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Jun 7, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #646 of 658
Hello all, I have just installed a Melodious Audio MX-U8 in my system. I've got the version with round edges. It's between the microRendu streamer and my Job INTegrated amplifier. I wanted to try the coax input. All sounds well.

Question: Is it possible to bypass the 230V input and use a DC input? If so, what voltage?

I've not the electronic skills to figure this out but I'm not afraid to solder some changes.
jJoT38a.jpg

Greetings,
Jaap
jJoT38a.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #647 of 658
I modified the first version which had a seperate pcb for transformer. That version was easier to modify, later designs had transformer and circuitry on one pcb, and I am not sure what kind of voltages are needed.
This is not the kind of equipment to modify if you're not into electronics. It is not one simple DC voltage, there are several psu stages. If I remember correctly there are 2x 5V-DC supplies, and each of them has
several LDO-stages behind them.

If I were you I wouldn't tamper with it if you're not 100% sure of what you are doing....

Just my 2 cents

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #650 of 658
Can someone do me a massive favour - I really really need the Acrylic US1v2.19.0 - Summa Digital driver - no sound without it

Many thanks

Sep 10, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #651 of 658
Can someone do me a massive favour - I really really need the Acrylic US1v2.19.0 - Summa Digital driver - no sound without it

Many thanks
I will check, I believe that is what I have. Hold on while I look. Yep, that is what I have (install application and files) how do I get it to you? PM me if you still need it.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #653 of 658
Yes, that is a good question. At what point does the generic USB chipsets start to be equal to, or superior to the performance in the older MX-U8 units? Mine must be getting long in the tooth, it has to be close to four years old now. I wonder if there is even a point in trying to upgrade the components in an older unit or better to simply buy a new one?

Feb 2, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #654 of 658
Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #656 of 658
Good day, where can you find xmos drivers for Melodious U8.
I would think this is now so old, I still have it but don't use it. Does the source you are hoping to use this with not have better USB than this very old device would have? I may still have the drivers on an external drive. PM me and I may be able to get them to you if you have a Cloud service like OneDrive I can upload to.

May 25, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #658 of 658

Users who are viewing this thread

Back