Mellow and Warm Sound Card?
Feb 6, 2004 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

silentperfection

100+ Head-Fier
I've become to get annoyed by the brightness in music as I'm listening. I want a new soundcard as I don't have on right now. (No music at all for awhile actually grrr). And just wanted your guys opinion on what would be the least grating sound card but that would still be decent sound quality. I've read posts about the Revo being bright and I would really like RCA input outputs anyway. Would any of the m-audio's fit this bill? Also, I cannot go over ~175. So that limits me a lot due to other purchases I'm making. Any help?

Feb 7, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #2 of 6
Feb 7, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 6
M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 is relatively dark sounding. If it still is, just EQ it.

Feb 7, 2004 at 10:33 AM Post #4 of 6
if you look for darker sound, go for Terratec DMX6fire or EWX, they use the same DAC as Audiophile, which is slightly on the warm side and on top of that they use njm4580 opamps, which are also smoother and darker sounding.. on the other hand M-Audio uses njm5532 in every product and this opamp is considered bright/harsh..

Feb 7, 2004 at 11:00 AM Post #5 of 6
I'll second glassman, if you can get an EWX, its certainly not harsh, its well extended, but its warm and musical and has good bass, and I find it hard to believe anyone would be particularly disappointed with its sound.

Feb 7, 2004 at 1:43 PM Post #6 of 6
full.jpg

http://mdman.net/ct/read.htm?sm_id=review&sb_id=-192

Users who are viewing this thread

Back