Melbourne's 2nd Head-Fi Meet of 2011 - 10th September
Jul 30, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #31 of 229
I should be able to be there, if I go I shall likely bring the following:

Benchmark DAC1
HD800 with balanced cardas cable
DNA Sonett (balanced): this one is if I recieve it before the meet.  :)

as for a source for the dac I don't really have one as I use my pc, which is mamothly big.  I mean super big and heavy.

Jul 30, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #32 of 229

Quote:
Last time you posted something for sale Kiteki, you were in Melb. Then somehow it changed to Sweden, and now you're in JAkarta, but coming for the meet??

Bring your pile of hoarded DAPs!

Yep, I'm returning to Melbourne next week.

Sure, I'll bring my DAP's and perhaps a Discman and a couple IEM's.

I might sell/trade some stuff prior to the event so I'll confirm closer to the date.  How far away is this place with public transport btw?

Jul 30, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #33 of 229

Quote:

Yep, I'm returning to Melbourne next week.

Sure, I'll bring my DAP's and perhaps a Discman and a couple IEM's.

I might sell/trade some stuff prior to the event so I'll confirm closer to the date.  How far away is this place with public transport btw?

Murrumbeena station is a 1.6km walk away (according to google maps). If we do end up using this venue, I will try to provide a carpool in the morning from the station and back at the end of the day. I will probably only do 1 or 2 trips, so it's best to organise a carpool with other members.

Jul 31, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #34 of 229
I may be able to make it, but will only be able to give notice a fortnight beforehand. If i go, I will be driving and happy to do runs to/from the station but I'm not sure where I would be driving from in the morning. I would probably take
Bottlehead S.E.X.
Meier Audio Corda Cantate2
k701
DT990
HD650
and a laptop as a source, DAC is a work in progress at the moment

Guy

Jul 31, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #35 of 229

Quote:
I should be able to be there, if I go I shall likely bring the following:

Benchmark DAC1
HD800 with balanced cardas cable
DNA Sonett (balanced): this one is if I recieve it before the meet.  :)

as for a source for the dac I don't really have one as I use my pc, which is mamothly big.  I mean super big and heavy.

Very nice, am interested in hearing the DAC1 and as always, the HD800 never goes astray
wink.gif

Jul 31, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #36 of 229

Quote:
I may be able to make it, but will only be able to give notice a fortnight beforehand. If i go, I will be driving and happy to do runs to/from the station but I'm not sure where I would be driving from in the morning. I would probably take
Bottlehead S.E.X.
Meier Audio Corda Cantate2
k701
DT990
HD650
and a laptop as a source, DAC is a work in progress at the moment

Guy

Welcome to Head-Fi Guy! Long time lurker?

Hope to see you at our humble meet, you've got quite an inventory for someone with only 1 post on Head-Fi. Very jealous of your HD650 and DT990
devil_face.gif

Jul 31, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #37 of 229

I was lurking here well before you joined up... I didn't even realise there were headphone meets in Australia.. My gear seemed to suddenly multiply once I bought my first par of decent headphones, but I think nearly everyone on here knows that story.

DT990 is my favourite headphone all round so far. But the HD650 Cantate sounds nice, as does the k701 Bottlehead combo. But the other way round is a different story altogether.

Guy 

Hopefully 
Quote:

Welcome to Head-Fi Guy! Long time lurker?

Hope to see you at our humble meet, you've got quite an inventory for someone with only 1 post on Head-Fi. Very jealous of your HD650 and DT990
devil_face.gif

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #38 of 229
Hey I think I should be able to make it, will confirm closer to the date. If I do come, I will be bringing:
AKG K240 Sextett
AKG K400
AKG K500 (may sell of this one before hand)
Audio Technica AD700 (may sell this one as well)
Yamaha HP-50S
Audio Technica CK10
Vsonic GR07

Source: Audio-gd NFB-12 + laptop (possibly a discman)

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #40 of 229
Hmmm, I thought I might add for various reasons I may not be able to bring my equipement though I will be there no matter what.  I do hope to be able to though.  I should add i'll bring my lg blu-ray player hopefuly so as some blu-ray audio can be heard.

Hmm, the venue looks like a house.

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #41 of 229
The venue does appear to be a house from the outside but its actually just one big function room. It's owned by the church and they rent it out to others for various community gatherings. Check the 1st meet of 2011 thread for photos from inside the venue. BTW thanks again to Duckman for setting us up with such a great venue.

Aug 1, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #44 of 229
So lucky I check this forum regularly since I missed last one MEL meeting.  Won't miss this time ! :D 

I will send PM after checking my time schedule.  

BTW, will anyone bring nice CDP?  Just want to try some different sources. :D

Aug 1, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #45 of 229

Quote:
So lucky I check this forum regularly since I missed last one MEL meeting.  Won't miss this time ! :D 

I will send PM after checking my time schedule.  

BTW, will anyone bring nice CDP?  Just want to try some different sources. :D

I'll bring a Njoe Tjoeb, a tube-modified Marantz

Also just got hold of a K1000, I'll bring that along too... Exciting stuff

If anyone's interested, Ultrasone Ed8 and 10 are possibilites. Just let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back