Melbourne Mini Meet 2012 (27th of May)
May 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #18 of 40
Hey Shubar, 

Is this a meet to have coffee or if vendor are present to show off some gear?

The reason I ask is... haha, i don't have much to contribute other than my K701 with cryo recable. . . but I'm considering to buy some tube amp.. 

May 27, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #19 of 40
Just got home from the Melbourne Meet. It was very pleasant to meet some of the local HeadFi members.

It was as much of an eye opening experience as it is for ears, very nice and wonderful gears!!!

I can't remember all the product names, as I'm not used to gears at that level. 

One of my most memorable experience was listening to Lejatte145's AKG K1000 on his vintage tube amp. I guess the K1000 is as open as open headphones can get. 

Another rare item, HD600 with it's dedicated amp.

Shubar's DarkStar, normally matched to LCD2, but this time powering the AKG K1000.

and this is TomAus(?)'s HD650+Silver Dragon + Burson Amp

Another strange headphone from LaJait, a Sony speaker in da air headphone, with base tubes probing my ear.. it was ... a strange experience lol. But they do sound fantastic, well there wasn't much base and when there is base, the base tubes vibrate in my ear!.

Ya, I couldn't wipe the smile of my face from the tickles hahaha. Na, actually the smile is from listening to K1000 =) Loved it, except I would have to lock my self in a room without any windows, it's just a little embarrassing to bee seen wearing it. 

It was a great mini meet, had a lot of fun. Thanks ALL!!!

May 27, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #20 of 40
Sounds like fun! Sorry I couldn't get there but I have an exam tomorrow. :frowning2: 
Quote:
Just got home from the Melbourne Meet. It was very pleasant to meet some of the local HeadFi members.

It was as much of an eye opening experience as it is for ears, very nice and wonderful gears!!!

What is that little netbook? A sony?  Looks awesome!

May 28, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #22 of 40
It's SONY VAIO P series notebook. (I don't think it's been sold in AUS) 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 28, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #25 of 40
Jate thanks for kindly offering your cafe as a venue again! I really enjoyed the meet.

It was good to try the HE-60 again, the clarity and detail retrieval is very impressive. The AKG1000 was also amazing! It just goes to show that well designed headphones are really timeless! 

May 12, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #30 of 40
I am interested given that my Miracles come before the meet. How about another more experienced Head-Fier arrange a new meet in a new thread? Or I could arrange it as well I guess. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back