Melbourne Mini Head-Fi Meet - 13th November 2011
Oct 4, 2011 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Shubar

100+ Head-Fier
Hello and welcome to the official thread for the Melbourne Mini Meet of 2011! (Yes I borrowed the template from the Melbourne's 2nd Head-Fi Meet of 2011 thread ^_^).

I would first like to start off by thanking Lejatte145 for offering his cafe as a venue free of charge for this meet.

Please be aware that all attendees must be registered before the meet, follow the information below to book yourself a place!

Date: Sunday 13th November, 2011

Time: 11:00am to 6pm

Location: Thai Time Cafe, Shop 6 Troubadour Arcade 673-681 Glenferrie road, Hawthorn (opposite McDonalds). The venue is approximately <5 minute walk from Glenferrie Station, also plenty of trams run along Glenferrie Road.  Being on a Sunday, it should be quite easy to find parking around the place for those who decide to drive. 

Attendance fee: FREE - IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THE VENUE HAS LIMITED CAPACITY (A MAXIMUM OF 12 PEOPLE). This is strictly a first come first serve event. Note priority has been given to those who have expressed their early interest in Melbourne 2nd Meet 2011 - 10.09.2011 impressions (http://www.head-fi.org/t/571071/melbourne-2nd-meet-2011-10-09-2011-impressions/60#post_7800204). This is numbered at around 9 already so there only really is a couple of spots free unless those who have expressed interest cannot make it.

Full.

What to bring: Any gear you have and would like to share - powerboards would also be appreciated. Please remember to label/name all your gear so there aren't any misunderstandings.

Hygiene is a must for the event, please ensure you are clean. E.g. No hair gel or mousse etc.

Coffee Lovers: I have been informed that the cafe is closed on Sunday (aka the coffee machines turned off) and that any sort of liquid around electronics is generally a bad idea... No coffee for me!

Respect: Please respect each others equipment. Also please respect Lejatte145's cafe and it's limited space. Lejatte145 reserves the right to refuse and or kick out attendees.  

To confirm your attendance, please send me a private message through Head-Fi.org with the following details:

1. Name:
2. Forum ID:
3. Contact (Phone # and email):
4. Equipment you will be bringing:
5. Driving or public transport? Where will you be travelling from? Are you happy to carpool other attendees?
6. Other comments and suggestions:

If you have any further suggestions or questions, please post in this thread or send me a private message

Current attendance list:
Lejatte145 - Jate
Shubar - Aaron
Tomaus - Thomas
kiteki - Nicky
yeemanz - Winston
Duckman - Dave
Joe007 - Joe
Two of Lejattle145's friends.
billymav - Billy
wilzc - Wilson
dpz3 - Dellas

Equipment likely to be there:

Headphones / Iems

Atomic Floyd MiniDarts (billymav)
Atomic Floyd AirJax (billymav)
AKG K240DF (dpz3)
AKG K240 Sextett (dpz3)
AKG K501 (dpz3)
AKG K702 (yeemanz)
AKG K1000 (Lejatte145)
Audeze LCD-2 Rev 2 (Shubar)
Audeze LCD-2 Rev 2 (yeemanz)
Audeze LCD-2 Rev 2 (Duckman)
Beyerdynamic DT1350 (yeemanz)
Beyerdynamic T1 (Joe007)
Beyerdynamic Tesla T5p (kiteki)
Ergo Model 2 (Tomaus)
Fischer Audio Eterna (billymav)
Fischer Audio FA-004 (billymav)
Fischer Audio FA-006 (billymav)
MEElectronics A151 (billymav)
MEElectronics CC51 (billymav)
Sennheiser HD650 (Tomaus)
Sennheiser HD800 (Joe007)
Sennheiser HE60 (Lejatte145)
Shure Se535 (Shubar)
Shure Sr440 (Lejatte145)
Sony EX600 (kiteki)
thinksound ts02+mic (billymav)
thinksound rain (billymav)
Yuin PK1s (yeemanz)

AMPs / DACs
Burson HA-160D (Tomaus)
DNA Sonett (Joe007)
HH Scott Vintage tube amp (Lejatte145)
Meier 3Move (yeemanz)
Meier Stepdance (Shubar)
Sennheiser HEV70 (Lejatte145)
Schiit Lyr (Shubar)
Schiit Lyr (yeemanz)
SPL Auditor (Joe007)
Violectric V200 (Duckman)

Source / Soundcards
Benchmark DAC1 USB (Joe007)
Cowon J3 (Shubar)
Cryrus CD8se (Joe007)
ESS Sabre DIY (kiteki)
The LavryBlack DA11 (Joe007)
Metric Halo LIO-8 (Duckman)
Audio GD NFB-11 (Lejatte145)
Audio GD Digital Interface Version A (Lejatte145)
Schiit Bifrost (Shubar)
Schiit Bifrost (yeemanz)
Sony Vaio (kiteki)
Wadia 170i (Lejatte145)
YBA Passion CD 200 (Tomaus)

Miscellaneous
DHC Complement HD650 Cable (yeemanz)
DHC Macromolecule LCD-2 Cable (Shubar)
DHC Macromolecule LCD-2 Cable (yeemanz)
DHC Single Strand AKG K702 Cable (yeemanz)
DHC Single Strand RCA Cables (Shubar)
DHC Single Strand RCA Cables (yeemanz)
DHC Single Strand Coaxial Cable (Shubar)
DHC Single Strand Coaxial Cable (yeemanz)

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 37
just thinking out loud
evil_smiley.gif

I want to create some reference music for this mini meeting. This CD will include a variety of genre such as Jazz, Classical, Vocal, Rock, and some Audiophile testing .
I can post this CD to all attandance within next week. We will have planty of time to listen, then we can compare each system on the day.
This should be a fun as we have 4 different LCD2 set up(so far)

Let me know what do you think???? 

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #7 of 37

Quote:
just thinking out loud
evil_smiley.gif

I want to create some reference music for this mini meeting. This CD will include a variety of genre such as Jazz, Classical, Vocal, Rock, and some Audiophile testing .
I can post this CD to all attandance within next week. We will have planty of time to listen, then we can compare each system on the day.

Sounds like a great idea!

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #8 of 37
Hey guys! Id be really keen to come... Can confirm my attendance and all, but the only problem is that I don't have any gear to bring and I was really interested to come to check some of it out before I actually buy any. Please let me know if that's cool and I'll send all the required details! I'm happy to bring beer for everybody to compensate or whatever snacks you guys want haha

Cheers,
Sash.

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #9 of 37
This morning, I am getting my AKG K1000 ready for this meeting. Unfortunately , just blown a fuse from the amp.
mad.gif

it's 2A 125V size (around) 5X30mm. anybody know where is the best place to get it?

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #11 of 37

Quote:
just thinking out loud
evil_smiley.gif

I decided to do it in CD format and the disc should be ready soon.

Can all attandance PM me your address so i can post it  before the end of the week.
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #13 of 37
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your kind offer! I'm very keen in auditioning some headphones from HifiMan (300,500 and/or 6). Please let me know if this is possible and what you require.

Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back