Melbourne Meet 2010
Mar 5, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #106 of 368
I would love to audition them, as I'd love a spare pair of IEMs for knocking about in, but am unsure of what tips they use
confused.gif
. I might let people audition my UM3X, but right now I only have two brand new pairs of the STANDARD comply foam. I have used up the one's that I use. They are too big for my ear canal anyway (small), I may need the Small Shure Black Foam
redface.gif
There are way too many things I need to buy right now. I need to spend like $100 on Grado jumbo's, Shure Olives and a new memory card for my phone
frown.gif
Yet alone a new graphics card, games, headphones etc As a 15 year old...I REALLY need a job
tongue.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #108 of 368
Yeah haha they are expensive
tongue.gif
I think $40aud shipped etc to aud including all fees would be the max it should cost. It probabaly will provide me with what I have been looking for in the HF-2 (less bass and a wider soundstage). I still feel the DT880 600ohm would be the cans I am looking for. But considering the DT990 600ohm are for sale right now at $236usd, I think $250usd for the DT880 would be fine, but most stores sell for $299 at the cheapest
frown.gif
Not paying that.

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #110 of 368
Well I don't know what is wrong with me, but when I go swimming in a pool, the ocean sometimes too, I start to breathe heavily and and am definitely not relaxed. The same thing happens to when I wear my IEMs and ALO-780. I start to breathe heavily and cannot relax
frown.gif
Other than that, I love closed cans! Awesome bass with an almost perfect soundstage.

For my ALO-780, say the quantity of low, mid and high frequency is 90%, 70% and 85%, I would like it to have 85%, 80% and 85%. That would probably be the perfect set of cans for me. I wonder if something like the PRO 750 would be like this. Or would I have to go for an Edition 8 or 9
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #112 of 368
I would love to, but they are HF-2, limited edition made for us head-fiers and I feel as though if I sell them, it would be a huge mistake
confused.gif
frown.gif
I hope you get some someday though, you would love them if you love your SR-325is. They are pretty dam dark for a Grado, that's for sure. Burning them in as we speak for the big meet
wink.gif
RS-1 will probably be my cup of tea, but that doesn't mean I will sell these Grado's
tongue.gif
Don't try anything at the meet
wink.gif
hahaha

Mar 5, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #114 of 368
HD650, Stax SR-404, UE TF10 Pro and whatever sources and amps you need to make those sound their best
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #116 of 368
Hehe looks like I am going to be needed there all day then
wink.gif
I will be bringing them with the stock pleather ear pads and the Beyerdynamic DT 250 velour pads too. I cannot get the stock one's one though, I had to use Blu-Tak last time, LOL. You will understand once you see them. I wonder if someone has good enough hands to put the stock ones on? I certainly don't
frown.gif

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #118 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, what gear should I bring....

Yukari, parking wise, how will that work?

I don't drive....so i have no idea. I am not the person organizing the venue, so might not be the best person to ask about parking there =)

I mean unless we could find somewhere in the city or sth....if not Footscray here I come.

Mar 6, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #120 of 368
I hope that I can come on that day (I may have class in the morning and I have to go to work at 5pm). I'm not sure which one I could bring
confused_face(1).gif
because I bring only a bit headphones from my country and other people will have brought them
happy_face1.gif

I hope I will bring modified K701
k701smile.gif
or modified HF2 or MS1

(They're of my best
frown.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back