Melbourne head-fi 1st meet 2011
Jan 8, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #121 of 134
I've just returned home from this meet. I'd like to thank yukari in particular for organising it and to also thank those people who brought their gear along for all of us to share. I'm pleased that I've finally had the opportunity to listen to some headphones and amps that I've been so curious about for so long and of course, to meet some friendly Head-Fi'ers as well.

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #123 of 134

Quote:
Sorry guys but can't make the meet until much much later so wasn't worth it. Have a good time though!

That's ok.

Quote:
Afraid I had a friend's birthday party today that I couldn't skip. Wish I were there...
frown.gif

Keep an eye on the next meet then!

Quote:
I've just returned home from this meet. I'd like to thank yukari in particular for organising it and to also thank those people who brought their gear along for all of us to share. I'm pleased that I've finally had the opportunity to listen to some headphones and amps that I've been so curious about for so long and of course, to meet some friendly Head-Fi'ers as well.

You're very welcome.

Jan 8, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #124 of 134
Hey Yukari

Want to thanks you once again for organizing this fantastic and fun event, and thanks for all the guys for letting me listen and admire some of your awesome gears, which i can only dream about at this moment!

I hope to catch up with all you guys soon at the next event, cant wait to try some other which i have missed out this time.

Jan 15, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #128 of 134
Quote:
Quote:
OMG!! I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS!!!!!

When's the next one gonna be?

lol, probably in a few months... 3-4?

OH NUTS! Well, I'll be around! Does anyone know where I can buy/try/view iems in Melbourne? I've been here six months and I haven't been able to find a decent headfi shop. Help!

there's a thread about trying gear in shops in melb, http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/176967/headphones-for-audition-in-melbourne , but most are pretty bad and stock the min of headphones (vanilla akgs, senns, ats, etc), let alone letting you try iems...(generally, can't try iems for hygienic reasons anyway...Technically they could bulk buy some near disposable tips and get some alcohol wipes, but a) no one cares, b) can't be bothered c) tips affect sound and disposable ones wouldn't necessarily do justice to the iems....guess they could also sell a pack of assorted tips for say $10 so you could try them but meh... Never seen high end iems in melb shops)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back