Melbourne head-fi 1st meet 2011
Jan 3, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #76 of 134

Quote:
I think we should organise some sort of 'quiet time' where we go into library mode so that everyone can enjoy their open headphones. I'd be a little hard to organise, but I think the start of every hour should have 5 minutes of this.

I will take that into consideration.
But to say, the venue this time is bigger than the previous one. So I hope this will spread things out a bit.

Quote:
mmm, otherwise it's hard enough to get an impression of what the open HP are like. Still, 5 mins/h will mean people have to somehow decide who calls dibs on quiet time for a hp
biggrin.gif

Also, would be nice if people don't wear hair product. I don't think we want to clean up gel/mouse from the headbands
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Yea....hair product, I'm hoping so too. I will mention this in the final confirmation email on Jan 5th (with my contact details and stuff)

Quote:
Hi yes Yukari! I'm glad you've addressed me by my name :)

Well mrsamo is my username, please add me to the list of attendees.  I'm not sure how useful I'll be but I'll come anyway.

I'll bring my Cowon D2 if that's good enough for a source.

Please check post#1 and send me the email with your details so I can put you on the list, thx.

Quote:
Slight problem:

Is anyone going by car from/close to the Greensborough/Montmorency area and is willing to give me a lift?

Joe's already picking up lots of people from Box Hill/Doncaster and I don't want to inconvenience him further/make everyone else wait (otherwise we'd get there by 12 lol). If I go to the Doncaster SC myself for the pickup, I'll only be able to bring very limited gear (probably a dac, an amp and 2xhp, although I don't really know how I'll end up carrying it (instead of nearly 3 amps, 3 dacs, 3 hp))

If some else can give me a lift from my place, and they have space in the car - it can be D100, MD11, SRM-1, Prometheus NOS DAC, 2 more amps and W5000, SA5000, SR-507, Pioneer Monitor 10 lol.

If no one is available, I'll come with Joe, but I'm thinking I'll only bring SRM1 and SR-507/W5000 and maybe D100. (I still don't really know how I'll drag it all the way to Doncaster on public transport)

p.s DHL screwed me up, so the Peter Rill built transistor amp will not be attending. They sent my parcel via sea mail... yea...

Is there anyone on post#1 other than Joe that are closer to your place??

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #77 of 134
>Is there anyone on post#1 other than Joe that are closer to your place??

At about 1am today, not that I can see. Everyone is either carpooling with Joe (lol), or lives in the south east.
There are a couple more people in the attendees list not listed in the carpool section, so maybe we'll get more people from my area closer to the date, or maybe one of the doncaster-ish people currently carpooling can go in a car if they have one (I'd obviously chip in for the petrol and what not)...

Jan 3, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #78 of 134
Hygienic headphone covers:

http://www.protectoralsafe.com.au/DisplayProductDetails.aspx?part_no=09987014

I'm popping out to Altona North today to see how much a box of these things are.
If cheap enough I'll get a box to use on the day.

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #79 of 134
ended up with a box of these:

http://www.protectoralsafe.com.au/infoBANKProduct.aspx?SG=6018166&S=4018010&G=2003221&P=2023650

Food-hygiene hairnets.

Wear one with headphones over or put one on each headphone earpiece.

I have a box of many.....

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #80 of 134
uhh, i dunno how to say this - but maybe it needs to be said: 
cool.gif

"everyone pls shower in the morning before the meet, wash your ears! - no hair product, or wear a cap"

I'm sure it goes without saying - but some ppl somehow need reminding.... or some ppl shower in the night?

i'm sure everyone will be cool on the day - but not everyone going to the meet knows everyone else that's coming...
dt880smile.png

Jan 3, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #84 of 134
BTW: the Leben CS300XS arrived and will be at the meet.

However, I am a bit paranoid about its faceplace being inadvertently scratched. The HP socket is almost flush with the amp and you have to be careful when plugging in.

To counter this possibility, I'll be using a (very) short extension cable, so people can plug into the cable rather than the amp itself. Shouldn't degrade the sound quality much.

I hope no one is annoyed by this... it's just that at the last meet my SPL Auditor got scratched in this way and, although SQ is the big thing, still scratches (may) undermine resale value.

Let's be as careful as possible with each other's gear. No need to say that, probably.

Cheers!

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #85 of 134

Quote:
I know! Will return the balanced cable of course.

Hopefully Hottuna will allow us a few minutes on the B22.

Hope to hear the Norse cable too.

More than welcome. Hopefully i can get this carpooling sorted out. Just got home from Japan.

I am very interested in hearing the LCD-2 and other headphones out of my Bal B22 too, just to see what i've been missing.

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #86 of 134

Quote:

At about 1am today, not that I can see. Everyone is either carpooling with Joe (lol), or lives in the south east.
There are a couple more people in the attendees list not listed in the carpool section, so maybe we'll get more people from my area closer to the date, or maybe one of the doncaster-ish people currently carpooling can go in a car if they have one (I'd obviously chip in for the petrol and what not)...

If there's still nth by Jan 5th night, I will mentioned this in the confirmation email and see if anyone can help out =)

Quote:
ended up with a box of these:

http://www.protectoralsafe.com.au/infoBANKProduct.aspx?SG=6018166&S=4018010&G=2003221&P=2023650

Food-hygiene hairnets.

Wear one with headphones over or put one on each headphone earpiece.

I have a box of many.....

Great!

I will prepare wet wipes for "post-food" hygiene LOL

Quote:
uhh, i dunno how to say this - but maybe it needs to be said: 
cool.gif

"everyone pls shower in the morning before the meet, wash your ears! - no hair product, or wear a cap"

I'm sure it goes without saying - but some ppl somehow need reminding.... or some ppl shower in the night?

i'm sure everyone will be cool on the day - but not everyone going to the meet knows everyone else that's coming...
dt880smile.png

Kakaka
Maybe I should just c+p this sentance in the email....LOL

Quote:
I wonder where we will fit 33 amplifiers?  

Plenty of floor space, I suppose
wink_face.gif

Floor....hmmm TRUE.
LOL

Jan 4, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #87 of 134
I can offer to give you a lift to the meeting place if there's no one but may not be able to take you back.

Quote:

Jan 4, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #88 of 134
Just letting anyone know who might be interested in a HA-160, mine will be going up for sale as I no longer have use for an amp. If you would like to save yourself on postage or driving out to my place you are welcome to pick it up from the meet. Just shoot me a PM if interested :) See you guys on Saturday! Look forward to it.

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #89 of 134
I can offer to give you a lift to the meeting place if there's no one but may not be able to take you back.

Quote:

Would it be ok if I take a raincheck on that (Yukari put me in touch with one of the members who might give me a ride). If I come with you I might be able to come back with Joe, I'll check that as well :wink: .

Jan 5, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #90 of 134
Just send out an email to all attendees with meet info ( plus contact phone numebrs) ...
Don't have to reply unless got questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back