Melbourne 2nd Meet 2011 - 10.09.2011 impressions
Sep 19, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #46 of 73
in my opinion all the audio technica wood cup headphones leak sound alot. Not as much as open headphones but enough that your music can be heard by anyone in the same room with u (assuming of course that the room is reasonably quiet.) as reference, at the melb meet some guys were tryin the audio techs with my setup which was beside Jaben's table, everyone was listening to gear and talking with each other. I was standing beside my own equipment and I can hear every note being played from the headphones.

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting a closed headphone, how's the noise isolation with w1000x?

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #51 of 73
Well IMHO they're Audio Technicas flagship closed headphone, and it'd be easier to sell to someone locally, skip shipping fees, that's all. :)

If he really wants the W1000X, he can demo them and buy them at addictedtoaudio.

I'm not being a salesman, just stating my honest opinion they're the second best HP I've heard, for my states etc. etc.

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #53 of 73
I'm interested, but am only free from after 2.30pm or so.

Quote:
+1 Mini-Meet Sunday only
-5 for any other days

....anybody interested!!!

L3000.gif

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #54 of 73
Are you looking for over-ears or on-ears closed? I've only really had experience with on-ears, so the DT1350, P5, HD 25 II.. that sort of thing. Sennheiser HD25 II are somewhat in between as the cups are quite big and they're pretty confortable with good isolation (DT1350 also very good.. slightly better if you believe Jude from headfi). I got the DT1350s in preference to the HD25s because they sound better to me when they are positioned properly (first few times i didn't like them at all, but i perservered and found that if i push them back, the sound improves significantly). HD25s sit well first time, nice and comfy. P5... hm.. i thought they were "ok". my gf's dad bought a pair and i guess they suit ihs taste in music, but they were more expensive and sounded a bit murkier.

As for big ones, I haven't listened to them, but maybe the ultrasone pro 900s? I think I'm the only person in melbourne who liked the sound of the Ed10s, so...

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #59 of 73
I own a small cafe in Hawthorn which we can use for mini meet.
Because it is really small, it will fit maximum 10-12 people.
The good thing is we can use it for free on any Sunday,just let me know in advance
tongue_smile.gif

How about Sunday, November 13th 11.00-17.00 ????

Oct 3, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #60 of 73

Quote:
I own a small cafe in Hawthorn which we can use for mini meet.
Because it is really small, it will fit maximum 10-12 people.
The good thing is we can use it for free on any Sunday,just let me know in advance
tongue_smile.gif

How about Sunday, November 13th 11.00-17.00 ????

That sounds like a good option. I'm in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back