Melbourne 2nd Meet 2011 - 10.09.2011 impressions
Sep 12, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #31 of 73

Our ears are naturally inclined to kill any form of bacteria, I don't think there's any health issues with IEM's, that's more from swimming and surfing when people can get water stuck in their ear and so on.

Anyway, we can just bring our own tips, I have a box of new/unused Sony Hybrid tips in 10 different sizes that I could bring along.

Sep 12, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #32 of 73
Guys, many thanks for the invite and the well organized day. It's seldom you get the chance to actually listen to a range of headphones let alone top end ones, highlights for me were the Stax and HD800's especially when driven by valves, superb top end, the SPL Phonitor had me truly fooled, could have sworn it was valve,  great lil amp!
Had a chance to compare my humble old HD575's against the next model up HD580's, alas no contest, 580's much more detailed.
Ah well, at home it's back to my trusty 30+ year old Stax Lamda/SRD7 combo, just wish I could getter a little more bass out of them.
regards Ian

Sep 13, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #36 of 73
I don't see anything wrong with and in ear meet aside from my dislike for them (I just find them generally unpleasant to have in my ear).  Though I would recommend people take there own tips.  I mean just because the toilet seat is apparently the cleanest thing in most houses doesn't mean i'm going to eat of it.

Quote:
Was there a balanced Sennheiser HD800 to listen to ?

Yep, I brought along my balanced HD800 with the DNA Sonett (balanced version of course) and Benchmark dac1.

I may post my impressions but what impressed me the most where the Stax sr-407's.

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #40 of 73
I will have to get a balanced desktop amplifier one day.  
smily_headphones1.gif

That Audio Gd Master 5 looks tempting.  

Sep 18, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #41 of 73
Thank you, Will, for organizing this great head fi meet. Thanks also to Addicted to Audio, Jaben, Unique Melody and everyone that attended. This was my first but will certainly not be my last. I hope that it will not be too long until the next one. Mini meet anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back