Melbourne 1st Meet 2011 - 08.01.2011 impressions
Jan 13, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #31 of 59
Neither did I get near the DNA Sonnet, which I was keen to hear.<

m, i don't know if Joe even plugged it in :D. I think everyone was too excited playing with the auditor. Strangely enough his 2nd tube amp was plugged in (it was alright, but not the best)...

have to sell my stuff too =) sorry for using the impressions thread :D

rebuilt SRM-1 (towards the end of jan), Sony SA5000 and Musiland MD11 (still good as a 192/24 DAC or transport (opt/coax) and a decent amp with a dark flavour. and if your line in component has filter caps) . Free vintage discrete hp/power amp with pickup :wink: (1st come first serve)
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/519531

Was going to get the M^3 above, but too late now, still need money for the move to Sydney though.

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #33 of 59

Quote:
and I feel awfully guilty about doing this again, but I'm also selling my W5000. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/533843/ =)

Good luck with your hp sales.

Jan 22, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #34 of 59
Quote:
and I feel awfully guilty about doing this again, but I'm also selling my W5000. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/533843/ =)

Good luck with your hp sales.

lol, thank you they went well (W5000 and SA5000 now have new owners :) ), but now I have moooore to sell (Sony MDR-Z1000 & Musiland MD11 (now), SRM-1(in feb)). C'mon people - 'haaalp plz'.
Need good closed hp suitable for classical but with bass that's not anemic either.

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #35 of 59

Hey, I don't mean to hijack this thread,

but can some one please tell me what dac is under the macbook, i think it fed the lebron??

here is a pick of it
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theworldchild/5334761751/in/set-72157625773823442/#/

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #38 of 59
Would any nice Grado owners be willing to loan me their bowl pads for a week or two?

I just got the Symphones Magnum, but don't have the proper pads yet. BUT I'm hangin to hear these things properly (with bowls ie).

Jun 20, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #39 of 59
Anyone interested in a 2nd meet for 2011? It's almost six months since the last meet and I'm feeling very keen to hear some headphones again, thoughts?

I was thinking mid to late July or early August...

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #40 of 59
sounds great, count me in

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #42 of 59

Quote:
Lord Mike,

Joe, the owner of the Auditor, had swapped out opamps for a pair of Burson, and the change was quite dramatic in terms of its ability to drive the LCD2 well.

I used to have an Auditor/LCD2 combo and frankly hated it. Muddy, confused sound. But I was surprised to hear Joe's modded Auditor yesterday with the LCD2. I only heard it for about a minute, but it sounded pretty darn good.

Only problem was, the Burson opamps were so tall, Joe could no longer put the lid on :)

Here's a pic . Those two sky-scrapers on the left are the Burson opamps.

Perhaps you could PM him.

Cheers!

Quick follow-up,
I decided to give my Phonitor the same treatment.
Con from CVE did the work and the sound is truly impressive. Sure beats the headphone out of my Weiss DAC202,
which is no slouch in its own right. If anyone wants to breathe new life into their SPLs, this could be a great way to do so.
From Con's feedback, this mod is very simple, no real need for solder as it's a clip-on unit, though he did solder one pin
for added security.

Thanks again duckman for your info and insights. Maybe I can bring the 'Burnitor' to the next meet.
Cheers,
Mike

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #44 of 59
That's six of us so far.

Calling the Mistress of Meet organisation: 'Yukari, Yukari, Yukari'...

etysmile.gif

Jun 23, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #45 of 59
I've given Yukari a private message to see if she would prefer to run the meet-up, hopefully i'll get a reply soon.

If not I'll make an official thread soon, i'll put up a poll for when it should be ran etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back