MEIZU PRO 5 VS VIVO X6 PLUS - HIGH END IN AUDIO
Dec 5, 2015 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

farees

100+ Head-Fier
Hello 

I found very interesting things about this two mobile  MEIZU PRO 5 already lunched not in India yet and Vivo X6 going to be lunch soon. but both have very end Audio DACs. but is anyone tried yet

the Specs for DACs are like this

Meizu Pro 5

Hi-Fi Sound 2.0

In the Meizu MX4 Pro, we creatively used ES9018K2M and OPA1612 elements which are normally only used on a Hi-Fi player. This year, we added a Solo amp circuit at benchmark level on this basis and added four pairs of NXP high current transistors. As a result, the drive capability of the PRO 5 has improved greatly, the transient performance is excellent and the sound is powerful and accurate, even the high-end headset can accomplish any task with ease

Vivo X6 Plus 

Hi-Fi innovation, carefree enjoyment

ES9028 world premiere, a new Hi-Fi Classic

X6Plus using superior decoding chip ES9028 and two amplification operational amplifier ES9603, two masters of ESS products fit with the company's future, a new Hi-Fi classic. 
X6Plus using YAMAHA YSS-205X digital surround signal processing chip, to achieve real-time reverberation Android ears back function, create vivo exclusive K song platform for K song everywhere OK.

both have interesting audio processors but other specs are very different Vivo has Mediatek processor and Meizu has Samsung Exynos7420 processor both have fingerprint scanner but camera specs are different for both. if you see in term audio processors Vivo X6 plus more hardware.but vivo has bad history in terms in software updates. 

Please guys have some study and advise which should i go for. i cant carry DAP or DAC even i dont like 5.7 inch size but that thing i can compromise if i get GREAT audio Quality.

Please let me know your thoughts 

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 4
I am using the Vivo x5 MaxS (Platinum Edition), previously used the Samsung note 3 and Vivo x5 Max 5 L.

I actually gave up the Vivo x5 Max 5 L as the battery life was miserable. You can almost see the battery drain especially if you turn on WiFi, GPS and bluetooth together (I have one of those Nut keyfinder).

I used my Note 3 with Fiio E6 on a Klipsch x11i, without the amp....the music is flat and dry. my other amps were the ibasso T4 & th mni-D box which I used only a while before the batt died. Do note that I only went for the more portable amps.

The Vivo x5 Max is able to drive most mid-end headphones like the Xiao Mi headphones without the need of a portable amp.

Also with the Vivo's I would recommend a music player that can use hardware DACs such the MX player instead of the software players if you wanna get the max out of your mobile.

The Vivo X6 came with a slight premium. I am not sure if it was worth as compared the the X5 max platinum edition.

And if as said, the Android version for x5 is 4.4.4 while the x6 is 5.x but do note that you may not be able to root and/or upgrade the version.

I would recommend at least 192k bit rate mp3s, but they take up much more space and the onboard 16GB may not be that useful (especially for the other more detailed, higher bitrates). That is one other drawback for people who like good audio is that you may have to use a Micro SIM instead of Nano SIM. The Vivo's uses card cradle which can fit a Micro SIM with a Nano SIM OR Micro SD card. That means the Nano SIM shares the same slot as the Micro SD card, in other words, if you use a Nano SIM, you cannot use a Micro SD card.

Mar 11, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 4
not sure where I can find that 5 pin headset to test...

I will wait for next gen meizu phone which supports 3.5 TRRS True Balanced mode. (Still no spec leak but I believe someday it will have.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back